Locanda Il Maestrale
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
$178
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Margherita(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
$223
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)
$177
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
$201
Suisse Hotel Bellevue(Monterosso al Mare)
$179
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Steno(Monterosso al Mare)
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Spiaggia(Monterosso al Mare)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main streetb bold townunique roomspastriescinque terrevia romatrain stationbeautiful terracelemon juiceevery morningplace to stayloft bedroomsuperior double roomquaint villagegreat hostsbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and absolutely loved it!!! The hotel itself is very small with only 7 rooms but it was what we were after. Such a lovely hotel with a great vibe and unlike any of the other bigger hotels in the new town. This one is located in the old town, which is so much nicer and only a.10min walk to/from train station. Stephania and her husband were absolutely lovely and always there to help! My husband Came down with the flu while we were there and stephania was sooo helpful and accommodating and moved us to an upstairs Room So my husband can get well rested. either way the hotel was soooo quiet at night and we slept really well. Breakfast was small but good and our highlight was the freshly squeezed orange juice that was available for free on the terrace all day. Ahhh the terrace! It was the place we retreated to for a bit of rest and our favourite place in the hotel. Thank you so much for making our stay in monterosso so memorable. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to come back here one day in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Locanda Il Maestrale for two nights during our trip to the Cinque Terre. I would highly recommend staying here to anyone looking to spend a couple nights in Monterosso.

The common areas, location and aesthetics made the B&B a memorable stay. The decor of the place was cheerful and bright yet comfortable. The inside of the B&B was fitting and authentic to the Cinque Terre. The outdoor terrace was perfect for enjoying an afternoon break from the beach, hiking or sightseeing.

Giovanni & Stefania take great pride in their establishment and work hard to make every stay comfortable and guest welcome. The breakfast was excellent. A lot of options including fruit, pastries, cereal, meat, cheeses, breads and wonderful cafe drinks including a must-have cappuccino.

The room was snug yet comfortable. The bathroom was small but functional with private stand-up shower but considering the great location and all to do in the Cinque Terre spending a lot of time in the room isn't high on the priority list. Our room had a nice window but no view as we looked out on a small couple feet wide alley. Noise traveled easy from the common areas into the room. However, given the small number of guests in the 5 room B&B hopefully this won't be an issue. Unfortunately, the obnoxiousness of a group of drunk girls staying in the B&B our first night made for a poor sleep and noise experience.

Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay. If we ever return to CT again we would stay here without even looking at alternatives. Book early and enjoy the stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I just stayed one night in a standard room at this hotel. It is located in the old city, which is probably quieter than the hotels which are on the beach. The room itself was clean with a large bed, but had an unpleasant sewage-like odour which we smelled intermittently, although we seemed to get used to it once in the room for a while. The bathroom was quite small with an archaic, barely operational blow dryer. The room was cool at night as the air conditioning worked well and there was a window, which we could have opened. There was a lovely outside terrace where one could have breakfast, which was included in the cost of the room. The staff were friendly.
Word to the wise, for those who don't know, Monterosso is a pedestrian town, so one can not park a car at the hotel, although there is a large car park not far from the hotel. This hotel is one of the farther ones from the train station, which is very close to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

An absolutely wonderful place to stay! Nicely furnished and decorated rooms and an incredible breakfast. Freshly squeezed orange juice, chocolate filled croissants, made to order cappuccino, fresh juicy peaches, organic granola, pumpernickel and soft cheese...all while sitting on their nice veranda filled with flowers and hearing birds chirping while admiring the beautiful view. My wife and I stayed 2 nights here on an 11 day trip to Italy in June and we wish the stay at this charming b&b could have been longer! The location is great as well - in the middle of beautiful "old town", a 5 minute stroll from the beach and perhaps 10 minutes from the train station. Monterosso is the best base to explore the cinq terre towns and this is a fabulous place to stay while doing that.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Giovanni & Stefania are wonderful! I wish I could've stayed longer; they made my trip so memorable! They recommended the best restaurants and were so pleasant! The rooms were nicer than I thought they appeared on TripAdvisor and the property is close to everything in Monterosso. Be aware that it is still a lengthy walk from the train station...not really far, but I was glad I only had carry on luggage. It is much more convenient than some of the pricier places I had considered.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo