“favorite hike of the 5 - views left me speechless”

Footpath Monterosso - Vernazza
Monterosso Aperitivo Tour with Local Food and Wine
Pittsburgh, PA USA
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“favorite hike of the 5 - views left me speechless”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

You do have to be physically fit to climb this trail as there are over 2 miles of upward climbing on made made steps. I still dream of the views down the cliff to the crashing ocean. My pictures were amazing. Magnifico!

Visited April 2012

• Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great hike! Not just a stroll.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I walked this trail while she was 4.5 months pregnant. Not really recommended to do while pregnant, but we like hiking and the views were great. We thought we brought enough water, but the weather was scorching hot and dry that day, and because she was pregnant we took our time and took lots of breaks. It took us a little over three hours, but at a slow pace. We ran through our 3 litres of water about 2/3 the way through. It made the gelato at the end twice as tasty!

The views were amazing, and varied. Never got bored, with lots of different landscapes to look at. The hike was challenging, but not too hard. I would not recommend it for young children unless they are experienced hikers.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank BoBotheFool
riomaggiore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Up Dated Trails”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am the trekguyd here in Cinque Terre. We have been getting rain and more rain again this year. This is hurting the opening of any trails in Cinque Terre anytime soon. There is even talk of the Via dell 'Amore may not open this year and this will be a major blow to the economy. I check the trails often and go out and help work on the ones that use. If you go to my web site there are up dates on the trails and also where to sign a partition to open the Via dell 'Amore. The only trails that are open are the upper trails #1, #6, #01, #02 & #07. They are muddy, so be careful when walking, the #6 is narrow and steep. You can also write to me and I will answer your questions about the conditions.

Visited January 2013
20 Thank riorasta
Winter Springs, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beach”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love the Cinque Terre! The hiking is amazing with breathtaking views. The towns are adorable, the food is great, and the people are friendly. Monterosso is such a fun town to hang out in. We just spent the day but I'd like to stay longer next time. Hanging out on the beach is fun and you can sort of mix in with the locals.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Sanford_FLShannon
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Actual information on Cinque Terre Footpaths”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I found this website: http://www.genius-loci.it/tour/cinque-terre-footpaths-spring-2013 with up-to date info. Apparently some of the paths are still closed, but work is in progress.

The Cinque Terre National Park tries to give the most up-to-date info on this page of their website: www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri-e-trekking.asp?id_lingue=2 – above the map you’ll find also the average walking times. Please note that also the yellow paths (for ‘experienced hikers’) are absolutely feasible for the average client on one of our tours.

Along all paths indicated as ‘closed’ (red), trespassing is still forbidden (and considered a legal offence). We are in continuous contact with our guides and accomodation holders in the area to get the most up-to-date situation, as well as a forecast for the coming days. Some of the guides and hotel owners in the area are themselves doing some trail maintenance, as volunteers.

One of the main problems remains the landslide between Manarola and Corniglia, due to which already last year this path was closed. However, this section can easily be by-passed doing the beautiful walk, with leads through the hamlet of Volastra.

Although many tourists ‘stick’ to the one coastal path, including the world-famous ‘Via dell’Amore’, the Cinque Terre have much more to offer to the avid hiker. It features a whole network of amazing paths.

Visited October 2012