B&B SoleMare
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Albergo Marina(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Stella della Marina(Monterosso al Mare)
Moretto(Monterosso al Mare)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa Steno(Monterosso al Mare)
View Hotel
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Margherita(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Porto Roca(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop terraceold townstayed nights in this lovelycinque terreperfect locationrooms are nice and cleanevening drinkssqueezed orange juiceeach morningher husbandbed was very comfortablebottle of wineanswer questionsa wonderful place to stayfew stairsdelicious breakfastother cities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This B&B was absolutely wonderful and just what we were looking for. It's tucked away in the old town of Monterosso within a few steps of cute shops and restaurants. The room and bathroom were fairly big and they were both extremely clean. The room we were in had a balcony that had beautiful flowers on it and two chairs and a table where we sat and enjoyed a few glasses of wine at the end of the night. The owner even had nice little touches such as a fresh bottle of water and oranges in the room. Overall this was a great stay and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you are in Cinque Terre, Italy then you must stay at SoleMare, Monterosso. We were made to feel comfortable the moment we checked in. There are steps leading to the B&B and our room but we think this adds to the charm – isn’t this what Cinque Terre all about? I’ve a slight OCD to hygiene and cleanliness and SoleMare was perfect for me. Wanda went out of her way to be the perfect hostess to us and our brother and his partner (they stayed at a different hotel) – the four of us were treated to a wonderful aperitif on the well-kept terrace with wonderful views of the sea.

We did use the free WI-FI and we were very impressed with the speed and connection – our brother had to pay for his WI-FI. We didn’t make full use of the breakfast vouchers (Wanda did immediately notify us, by e-mail, of the breakfast arrangement) as we wanted to save our calories for pizzas in Vernazza. We did prefer to have breakfast at a nearby café as a change of scenery was good – we enjoyed meeting locals having their breakfast in the café and bantering with the café owner/staff.

We wish Wanda & her family continuous success with SoleMare.

Room Tip: Breakfast tip: we prefer Bar Davi for breakfast - the ambience and quality was much better.
1  Thank Edward E
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Monterosso. We arrived by train and the B&B was close enough to walk with our carryon luggage. The only drawback was the 46 steps up to our room from the street. I think that if you are staying in Monterosso this may be the case with all the B&Bs. Everything is uphill. Once you were able to navigate to the door, the room was immaculate and newly renovated. The room was small but the bed was very comfortable. Wanda was a wonderful hostess and her top veranda was the perfect place to have a glass of prosecco, wine or dinner. Our only surprise was that she was not serving breakfast as friends of ours had experienced in September. She gave us a card for the café down the street which was for a croissant, capucchino and orange juice. For that reason only, I gave the B&B 4 stars.

1  Thank irishlass2007
wate99, Owner at B&B SoleMare, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Regarding the breakfast, as soon as I receive a reservation I email this information to the guests so that they are aware and still have a the option to reconsider.
I made this change for this season in order to try something new and most people have been happy with the new arrangement. Eventually if my guests prefer having breakfast instead of aperitif I will of course change again next season. All feedback is always welcome and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts so that I can improve our service.

Please note that from 02042013!! The rates include breakfast in a cafe nearby. A complimentary aperitif with snacks is provided on the terrace for guests staying 3 nights or more.
The roof terrace is available for all the guests from 8 am to 21 pm.
Wanda Ternstrom

Reviewed May 12, 2013

SoleMare was a wonderful little B&B that I would recommend without hesitation. Here are my pros: clean room, great location, gorgeous, spatious rooftop terrace, free wifi, AC (which we didn't use so can't comment on it's efficiency), plenty of extra blankets, pillows and beach towels provided in the room, umbrellas provided, a pitcher of water provided and the room itself was fairly priced (of course, that is subjective). I liked the little terrace to sit and read and to hang clothes out. Here are things that people should know: there are close to 50 steps to get to it, but that is likely less than many of the other places. Cinque Terre is all about walking after all!! Again, the location is excellent. Wanda is lovely, as was her husband. There is no reception area so it would be extremely helpful to have either a phone with an international SIM card or a smartphone so you can communicate with Wanda via email (B&B has wifi). When I did email her, I got responses back immediately. If you are there more than 2 nights, Wanda and her husband offer appetizers and an aperitif on the rooftop terrace. It was rainy the evening we had scheduled so they had it in their apt (the level above the rooms) instead. They also welcomed my brother and his friend to join us even though they were staying at a different B&B. It was a wonderful time learning about them and the experience really added to our trip. Other things: there are no amenities in the bathroom other than liquid soap (not a big deal) and if I could make any suggestions to them it would be to add 2 hooks for towels and a shelf for toiletries in the bathroom....those little things make a big difference in convenience. My only disappointment was that there was no breakfast provided on the rooftop terrace. Instead, we got vouchers for a cup of coffee and a piece of pastry at a patisserie right around the corner. Wanda was very nice and said that if we wanted anything else, that she would cover the cost, but we didn't do that. It didn't feel comfortable there and it just wasn't a place that I enjoyed going to. By the 3rd morning we actually went elsewhere. I gave the service a lower rating because the first day our bed wasn't made up and another day it wasn't made until early evening. Bathroom was straightened up daily. All in all, this was a wonderful place to stay and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: We liked the balcony, even though it wasn't big (big enough for 2 with 2 chairs and a little fold down table top) or didn't have a great view. The rooftop terrace provided for that. It was nice just to sit outside to read and listen to the birds and church bells as well as to hang some clothes out to dry or freshen up.
1  Thank LNEBNE
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at B&B SoleMare! It is very clean and beautifully decorated. It was the best bathroom we had during our trip to Europe. I would absolutely recommend this for a romantic getaway!! It is worth paying extra to stay in the room with the balcony. Wanda was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and the location was perfect!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple