“Thanks, Andrea!”
Review of Albergo al Carugio

Albergo al Carugio
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We would highly recommend this B&B. We felt very safe and comfortable in our simple room, and really enjoyed the beautiful patio outside. Andrea is very present, and has wonderful recommendations for things to do in town. He genuinely cares about his guests, and we wouldn't hesitate to come back. We took advantage of the rafts and beach items available for a great day on the beach too!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel isn't a bad place to stay, but that's not what this review is based on. Andrea is what makes this place exceedingly great. My wife and I felt like we were staying in a guest room at a friend's house... he couldn't have been more welcoming or consistently kind. We don't hesitate at all in recommending this hotel.

(This hotel was also reviewed by Rick Steves if you want further information).

Room Tip: Ask for a room at either end of the hallway - the ones closer to the lobby door are a little noisy...
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was looking for a good base to explore Cinque Terre. Monterosso and Albergo al Carugio were the perfect choice.

The hotel is very close to the old town, about 10 minutes walk from the train station. Andrea, the manager, is highly attentive. His recommendations on where to eat, what to do/visit were excellent!

The rooms are simple but have all you need. The last thing I wanted to do during my stay was to spend long hours in my room, so if that is what you are looking for, this hotel is probably not a good option for you.

The only problem was that they do not offer breakfast, but that is easily solved by walking to the local bakery and ordering a cappuccino and a bombolone.

I loved Cinque Terre and I look forward to visiting this beautiful area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were pleasantly met by the host Andrea who was very welcoming and made us feel at home straight away. Andrea also recommended some local restaurants which were great value for very good food. Andrea is very fluent with English and has a great sense of humour. Facilities at the property are fantastic, our room was modern and clean, I have to say the best shower since my travels began in Italy. The wifi connection was free and very fast.
The location is in the old town which oozes more character than the new area, and is about a 10 minute walk from the train station.
Thank you Andrea for making our stay enjoyable and relaxing we will be recommending you to all our family and friends. Sonia and Scott - UK

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would definitely recommend to stay at Andrea's B&B. The place is easy to find, it's situated on the main road of the older part of Monerosso, but far enough from the busy squares full of nice restaurants and pubs. Shops, pharmacy are very close to it, the beach can be reached in 10 minutes. Andrea is very nice, he suggeted us good restaurants and gave good advices of where to go out of Monerosso. Rooms were cleaned every day, towels were also changed. The boat port is also very close, the train station is about 15 minutes walk. I checked a lot of B&B-s before choosing this and I have to tell that this was the best offer for this price. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I rested at this hotel in Agust 2013. Chose it as read many positive reviews on tripadvisor. All of them were true. The hotel owner Andrea, very good-natured and sympathetic person. In his hotel feel like visiting relatives. For me and my husband are very important such feeling for beach holiday. At the beginning of stay, Andrea has prepared for us a map with the placement of the most successful restaurants for breakfast and dinner. In these restaurants to hotel guests to provide discounts. All this was very nice of him. The hotel has a very convenient location, especially for those who travel by car. The entrance to the city forbidden and all the parking spaces at the entrance. When you have large bags it is very important that we should not carry them through the city. We have the great pleasure to stay in this hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel is great, perfect location about 10 min walk from train station and pretty much right on the main drag. Very clean and comfortable. Andrea was an amazing host, giving great tips on where to eat (recommended a mind-blowing bakery), how to get to the other villages, etc. We would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple