I Coralli
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)
$176
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
$199
Hotel Villa Accini(Monterosso al Mare)
$183
Suisse Hotel Bellevue(Monterosso al Mare)
$177
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Spiaggia(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
$210
Hotel Villa Steno(Monterosso al Mare)
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini kitchengreat locationcomfortable roomshort walkkettletowelshosttraintown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We arrived in Monterosso at 7.30pm. I had alredy e-mailed the lady to let her know we would be arriving at this time.
We found the BnB and noone was here. There were numerous telephone numbers that you could call and a notice to say go up the street to find Claudia. I went to this house and I was ushered away by an old lady shouting 'Avante Avante' to me. We tried all 3 numbers, to which the last one did work. This was around half an hour later however, after a full day travelling in the heat I was definitely starting to panic that we would be sleeping in the streets that night! The lady finally came and gave us the keys.
The room was pleasant. Clean, quite large and did include everything we needed.
The first restaurant we went to on this evening was advised by Claudia. However the service was poor, the people were rude and the food was average, and for Italy I was expecting to be blown away!
The aircon in the room is very good - maybe too good. We woke up either freezing cold or boiling hot! Hard to control to say the least!
However the villages are quite beautiful. We had an amazing 2 further days. Travelling between all the villages, exploring and taking in the beauty of it.
We then tried a different restaurant which was right next door to our BnB. This was brilliant. Great food, lovely people and a good price. We went back there again the next night even! I would definitely advise the spagetti it is delicious!
We had a brilliant time here but the BnB was very basic considering the price.
She should have explained more clearly how to get in touch with her and it would reduce the stress adding to the start of the holiday!

Room Tip: Book early, whole village was full
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Franny1987
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Fun room, wonderful location right in the middle of town. What a special place in Italy. Meeting Claudia and her family was fun. Whatever we needed, Claudia took care of it. She was most helpful in getting my daughter's lost luggage delivered to our room. Our room had a refrigerator and little kitchen that we used to have our breakfast. We really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed in the "purple room", which faces over the street (not really a street). It was a lovely location except on Friday evening the noise from the restaurant downstairs was quite loud quite late. Thursday and Saturday evenings were very quiet. The room was pretty and had everything we needed except toilet paper! We got some from the caretaker the next morning. Having a fridge was nice to keep delicious local moscato and pesto chilled, but bring your own coffee if you want some in the room - it is old and stale. Our towels did not dry the entire time, even after hanging them out on the line, so I recommend asking for extras up front. Claudia (caretaker) is very nice but she is down the street so not immediately available to address concerns. There are cards from restaurants that give a discount on the table - we did not find their food to the be best. And breakfast is served outside so bundle up if it's cold. Overall a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mellasart
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I Coralli is situated in the heart of Monterosso. It's a short stroll to the beach and train station which is fantastic. It is also a short stroll to the start of the trail/path for the walk to the neighbouring village which is also convenient. I didn't have a big issue with the stairs to the room, while they are steep, you come to expect that while travelling and it is only one flight of stairs. The room was very clean and modern. Claudia the owner is very lovely and helpful however my partner and I did take issue with the fact that on more than one occassion she would knock on the door (One time we were in bed) and announce who she was and that she needed to access the storage cupboard which was situated on the balcony of our room. This we considered to be very inconvenient and inappropriate.
My partner and I also felt very bad for the man staying in the room downstairs, as when we checked out at 10am, we requested to pay with eftpos. The etpos machine was in the room downstairs, so Claudia had to knock on his door and interrupt his sleep so we could access the eftpos machine! I think it is a great place however, a storage area and an office space really does need to be set up in Claudia's own house so her guests are not interrupted during their stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussie_traveller1515
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Claudia was great and very helpful, and we really enjoyed our stay !! The flight of stairs was a chore with our heavy luggage (lesson learned), but it was worth it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple