“Traveling through Italy we found a gem!”
Review of Il Timone Camere

Il Timone Camere
San Francisco, California
“Traveling through Italy we found a gem!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very warm, friendly and welcoming place to stay. Talk to Francisco for any advice, very helpful, and kind. I would recommend family, friends, and everyone to stay here. It has been an unforgettable and pleasurable experience. Looking forward to coming back! Ciao!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Ciao guys,
Thank you a lot for your beautiful words :WE are
pretty glad to know that your stay was good.
Thank you so much again for appreciating our work.
Hope to See you and your friend again soon.
It was a pleasure to have you all here with us.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for five nights and was very pleased with the location, facilities and cleanliness of the rooms. I had Stella Marina at the back of the property so there was no street noise and it was shady so no need for air con. Unfortunately the building is very poorly sound proofed and the upstairs neighbour was particularly noisy from about 6.30am until 9am. I'm a light sleeper and was woken up most mornings; the point of the holiday had been to relax and sleep. I could also hear all the plumbing noises from other residents and them chatting at night. Other than that I would have been happy to go back.

• Stayed June 2013
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We really feel so sorry:it is never happened and for that reason i don't understand that Kind of noise.Besides,You spent five days here byyourself but during this stay you did not say anything to us about that problem.It was good of you if you had talked to' me about all these noises because no one heard those noises before.
I think there is a first time for everything!!!I felt so bad to' read what you wrote because when you left you looked happy about your stay and you Said that you were pleased with your room,wifi and location.
Anyways,hope to' see you again sooner than later.
Regards,
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in the smallest room at Il Timone in Monterosso and we felt like a King and Queen. Francesco and his family went above and beyond in serving us - welcoming, helpful, kind, great food. Our room was clean and modern. They served us breakfast on the beautiful terrace. Great Wi-Fi. Old town Monterosso is quaint and friendly! Just a few minutes walk to a lovely public beach. (Francesco hooked us up with fluffy beach towels - just ask). We loved the hikes between the towns! Book this place now because I'm sure it books quickly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Ciao Emily,
It is very nice of you writing such a beautiful review:i am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves here in Monterosso by our place .That fills our hearts!!
I wish to' thank you a lot again for the terrific note that you left in the room for us.
Many greetings from our sea(i remember you like it a lot).
Hope to' see you guys again soon.
"I wish you good things"....
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This B&B was just perfect. We arrived at the Fast Bar to meet Francesco who was kind enough to carry my suitcase to the top of the stairs. BTW, steps and inclines are everywhere in Cinque Terre, so it's best to consider this when deciding to visit and do take it as part of the wonderful experience. All the steps made me feel better about eating so much pasta! The room we were in, Nina, was perfect for my husband and me. It was the cleanest place we have ever stayed. The sunroof is pretty awesome, being able to close the shutters if you want with a remote control. The safe in the wall kept our passports and money safe, and the refrigerator had bottled water for free, which was a nice touch. On to breakfast...I'm still dreaming about eating pastries on the rooftop terrace overlooking Monterosso. The food was fresh and wonderful with a selection of pastries, breads, cereal, eggs, juice and coffee or cappuccino. The best part of our stay was meeting Francesco and Federica, who made us feel so at home in Cinque Terre. They are so warm and welcoming and we were sad to say goodbye. If we visit Cinque Terre again, this is the place we will stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Ciao Krista,
Federica and i are very happy to' know that you enjoyed yourselves here in Monterosso and appreciated our hospitality.
Thanks a lot for your amazing words:what you wrote about us and our place sounds so good .You guys make us fell so proud and important.
I am glad to' hear that you think that our steps are not so bad and then in Cinque Terre the steps are belong to' the charm.
I wish you guys to' come back here soon again.
Greetings from Monterosso.
Francesco&Federica.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in May and what a fantastic experience! We were met by the very friendly Francesco and he showed us up to the room. Don't let peoples comments about the steps put you off. Francesco carried our bag for us and the steps are par for the course in the Cinque Terre, all part of the charm!
The room was lovely, very clean and spacious. Breakfast was delicious. A selection of delicious pastries and a choice of omelette or eggs and tasty italian coffee all served by the family who run Il Timone.
Can't speak highly enough of the place, everything was lovely from start to finish and the family who run the place are very welcoming and eager to help. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Ciao!!
WE are pretty glad to hear from you and to know that you had a good time
Here in Monterosso by us and our place.
All your words fill our heart in joy.
I think you are so right when you say:in Cinque Terre
steps are part of the charm...It is a great feature
Of these Ours old places.
Thanks a lot for staying with us:hope to See you
Again soon.
Greetings from Monterosso.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon for 4 nights in May. We based our decision on the great reviews on trip advisor. I would like to start by saying that I travel a lot but have never felt strongly enough one way or the other to write a review until now. This B&B is situated in the heart of the old town. It is up several steps, but worth the walk for the view. It is a small B&B with only 3 rooms and very well kept. The rooms are spotless, smell like fresh laundry and have everything you need to feel comfortable.

Although the rooms were fantastic, the best part about staying here was the hospitality. Francesco, his mother and Frederica were top notch. Francesco met us at his bar (fast bar), carried my luggage up the stairs and spent about 20 minutes telling us all we needed to know in order to enjoy our stay in Cinque Terre. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic, and his family couldn't have been nicer. His mother even did our laundry, which I felt terrible about, however we were traveling for a month so this a wonderful bonus.

We also went to check out Francesco's fast bar one night which was packed with younger travelers. Even though it was so busy, Francesco made us feel like VIPs. Great night.

Last but not least, my husband left his wallet in the room and didn't notice until we were on the train to Florence. He was of course freaking out, but I wasn't. I had a sneaking suspicion that ounce we got to Florence, there would be an email waiting for us.....and there was. Francesco had tried to find us at the train station when the cleaning help found the wallet, but we had already left. He then mailed it to us in London which got there before we left for the states.

Overall our stay was amazing, literally amazing. Staying here made our time in Cinque Terre (which in itself is a must if traveling through italy) that much better. We will be coming back here to celebrate an anniversary in the future and I have recommended ll Timone Lerta to all of my friends that live in Europe as the place to be when in Cinque Terre. Thank you Francesco and you family for a wonderful experience. Hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pollcus, Owner at Il Timone Camere, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Ciao!!Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful review about our work and place.It was very nice o f you to' say that:we are pretty glad you had fun here in Monterosso and you enjoyed yourselves.It makes us so happy and proud!!!
Thanks a lot for appreciating our work and our commitment.
I 'd like so much to see you guys again here:i really hope soon.
Greetings from Cinque Terre.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our group of 5 booked all 3 rooms. To a person, we were pleased and charmed far beyond our expectations. Federica and Francesco were the best hosts ever...absolutely every detail was handled from arrival through departure. The bedrooms and private baths are perfect...the rooftop breakfasts with panoramic views were unsurpassed.

We will all recommend Il Timone to all our friends.

Sincerely, Bob, for the Happiest Guests Ever!

Room Tip: I lvoed the glorious veiw over the Village from our room (Santa Maria).