Il Timone Camere
Hotel Souvenir(Monterosso al Mare)
$177
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monterosso Alto(Monterosso al Mare)
$177
Hotel Villa Adriana(Monterosso al Mare)
$200
Suisse Hotel Bellevue(Monterosso al Mare)
$178
Hotels.com
Albergo Degli Amici(Monterosso al Mare)
$178
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Spiaggia(Monterosso al Mare)(Great Value!)
$211
Hotel Villa Steno(Monterosso al Mare)
Hotel Pasquale(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
La Colonnina Hotel(Monterosso al Mare)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Stella della Marina(Monterosso al Mare)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bhis wifecomplimentary waterbeach towelsold towncinque terrestairs to climbgreat wifithree roomsdelicious pastriestrain stationour honeymoonroof terracestayed nightsvia romawonderful hostsfrancesco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed in Monterosso from 19th to 24th of July 2012. One of us stayed with Francesco 2 years ago, and had very good memories of the rooms and service, so we booked the same place again.
The information before we arrived was reassuring and safe. We were told to meet Francesco at the Fast bar, and so we did. He escorted us to the rooms, while giving us lots of useful information about the area. The steps up were not a problem (they just gave us a very good view). The first night we stayed in Pinta room, which is small, but more than enough. The next 4 nights we stayed in Nina room, which was everything you can ask for. Wifi, TV, aircondiotion, safe, clean room and towels. The breakfast is just amazing, more than you can imagine when travelling through Europe. Served on the roof top terrace (except when the weather is too bad)(which is almost never). There is also complimentary limoncello next to a laptop with internet access in the common area...Very good!
The service was beyond every possible expectation, and Francescos mother and Fredrica were very welcoming. Even though his mother does´nt speak english, she was so sweet offering us afternoon coffee after our walk from Monterosso to Riomaggiore. She even gave us a hug when we left:)
The B&B is situated in the centre of old town Monterosso, within short distance of everything. The stairs are absolutely no problem (except when you are really sore after a 4 hour hiking trip), it just offers you a splendid view. And the roof top terrace is an oase of calm to just have a nap, enjoy take away pizza and a beer.
And we have to mention again Francescos hospitality, and warm welcome. Another review said that he welcomes you as old friends, and that is absolutely true. We feel we have experienced a little bit of an Italian secret, after our visit to Il Timone and Francesco. We want to come again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were lucky to book a room at this B&B last minute. Thanks to Francesco for offering it and also letting us book breakfast as well. We were able to get a room at their location named Il Timone Loreto and we stayed in the Stella Marina room. This B&B was located around 15 minute walk from the train station and at the top area of Monterosso. It turns out that the owners live right across the way as well. This B&B is located on the second floor of the building and our room had no view, but was perfect for our stay. There are only 3 rooms in this location. If you want a hotel and hotel service, then I suggest you book elsewhere, but if you're looking for a comfortable place, very nice owners and a wonderful breakfast, then book a room here. I've got to emphasize though, that it is a room and I'm sure the other two rooms with a view of the main street of Monterosso would be nicer to book. We weren't in our room much though, but we did like it. Our room had a double sized bed, an a/c that worked wonderfully (especially needed in July/August when it's really hot and humid), decent sized bathroom and closet space. The walls are a little thin though since we heard someone blowing their nose in the other bathroom and talking. Also on our last night, there was a new guest in one of the rooms across the hall and around midnight when they returned made a lot of noise and even knocked down the umbrella stand. They were talking really loudly as well. I think they were a little drunk, but that's no fault of the owners. We were fortunate enough to book breakfast as well and it was located in their other location at Il Timone Lerta which I'm sure has wonderful rooms as well. It's a ten minute walk from our location and up a 100 flight of steps. Well worth it thought since we had eggs made to order, warm pastries, cappuccino, fruit and fresh juice. The view from the Il Timone Lerta was wonderful!! Our breakfast filled us so we didn't have to eat lunch too quickly especially since we hiked to Vernazza one morning, then the next morning we departed for Rome. We would highly recommend this place for the location, breakfast and price. There are other places I'm sure you can stay at, but we found this place to be great!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great place to stay. Rooms are large,clean and comfortable, good bathroom and great free wifi connection. Excellent breakfast is also included on the roof top terrace with its stunning views to start your day. Francesco made the stay perfect as he welcomed us as old friends even though we met for the first time and he took time to tell us the ins and outs of the town, where to eat etc. His bar on Roma street the Fast bar was full of travellers and locals yet he still took the time to make us feel like we were locals.
All said a great little B&B I recommended for all ages though best for couples and his bar for all ages during the day and younger generation at night.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in the Nina room at the Timone Lerta property. It was excellent. We met Francesco at his bar which is right off the main street in the old town and he gave us a quick overview of the town. Then we hiked up the ~100 steps. It is a lot of steps, but we made the trip only 3 times a day; morning. evening and night. The room was great, plenty of room, bathroom was brand new, excellent water pressure, quiet and efficient AC unit, great WiFi. Roof deck with views of the city and a little bit of ocean view also. As others said, the breakfast was beyond good. So much food, some even homemade! We loved every bit of it.

I'm not sure why Rick Steve's (who was our guide guru on our Euro Trip) didn't like the property. (They even have his books in the lobby!). I'm glad the TA community gave such high reviews; we're so glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Il Timone Loreto in June, in the Stella Marina room. I gather that Il Timone Lerta is a different location with the same management. Il Timone Loreto consists of a group of three rooms around a small foyer in a residential building. It's located on a quiet street about 15 minutes from the train station by foot (no climbing), near the town square (lots of restaurants, etc.). My room was at the back of the building - no balcony and a view of a wall, but pretty quiet. The room was cute, with space to move around and a nice bathroom with lots of towels. I appreciated the air-conditioning, mini fridge and free wi-fi. There was no breakfast (but there was a kettle). One caution - I had a lot of trouble with the key from the stairs into the foyer (from which I would use a further key to enter my room). The proprietor did demonstrate how to use the key when I checked in, but I'd been travelling by air and train for the past 18 hours straight and did not absorb ANY of this . . . and I locked myself out. The proprietors aren't on-site, so I would have been stuck if not for a helpful neighbour from the building (THANK YOU!) It's possible that I'm just an isolated idiot (the neighbour figured out the key no problem), but I'd still recommend playing it safe and paying attention to the demonstration!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo