“Splended!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Splended!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The best sea view in Monterosso! We were recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed! The food and service, two sisters(?) just the best!

• Visited August 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD RIGHT ON THE WATER!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is my first tome reviewing anything on Trip Advisor but I had to share our fantastic experiences at il Casello. We stayed in Monterosso 3 nights and ate at il Casello on the first and third nights. It was so amazing we had to
go back. Unreal view with tables overlooking the sea (so romantic), fantastic service (best we have had so far of our 5 days in Italy) and the food- SO good! Their seafood and pasta is fresh every day- we had the almond crusted salmon and the baked sea bass both nights and we were NOT disappointed. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in Cinque Terre- you will not regret it!! Thanks for the amazing meals!

London, United Kingdom
“Very romantic sea view restaurant serving delicious food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I love the place, location is great being near the seaside, quieter than the restaurants in the centre of monterosso and more romantic as the light is very soft. Food is great and wine is at the cheapest in monterosso, where it can be very expensive.
We went there a few times and had good experiences except for the last one when I found out only at the end of the meal that I could not pay with card but only cash was accepted. The owner explained though that it was only since the flood that they would not accept card payments and that I could pay the following day. I also pointed out that we spent in total two hours there as the second dish took an hour to be served. He explained that they were particularly busy as everybody arrived at the same time. I was annoyed but I have to give them that they were running around and working very hard and food was excellent. It remains a great place to spend the evening and I would recommend it.

“Beautiful location, excellent food and great service - cant fault it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was located in the perfect position - what a gorgeous view while eating delicious food. The chef was able to prepare me gluten free spaghetti and the meat sauce was the best I've had. It was a massive serving, as was my partners seafood pasta. He absolutely loved it and it was packed with fresh seafood - prawns, mussels, baby octopus and shell fish. He said it was the best seafood pasta he has ever had. Our side salad was fresh and very tasty. The service was great, they were all friendly and nothing was a hassle. After eating elsewhere in Monterosso I was always left wishing we had just gone back to this wonderful place instead (but we thought we should try a new place every night). Would highly recommend - you won't be disappointed!!

1 Thank EliseG123
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Our Favorite Dinner Spot”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I wish we could have come back to this place for dinner a second night, but alas, our trip to Monterosso wasn't long enough. This place has great views, top notch service, delicious wine, and a romantic yet not-so-stuffy ambiance. I'd recommend it over Ristorante Belvedere.

Tip: We ended our LONG hike in Monterosso, and this place is right at the end of the trail. I used their restroom to quickly change into my swimsuit while my husband grabbed a cold beer. We finished off the beer and jumped in the water. A perfect end to a perfect day.

Visited May 2012