“Great fish!”

Ristorante Via Venti
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ristorante Via Venti is located on one of the most ancient alleyways in the town-characteristic to the historic center of Monterosso al mare. Here you can eat and relax, while enjoying ancient atmosphere of the village.
“Great fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Via venti is one of the few very good restaurants that one must not miss in Monterosso al mare. I enjoyed seafood ravioli which were very well made. Everything is home made and compared to restaurants of the area, it s Worth the visit. The staff is welcoming and funny and I highky recommend it!

• Visited August 2013

“Great local restaurant run by fantastic and welcoming owner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited Via Venti on a recommendation of a friend who had been there years before and were not disappointed. The restaurant is small, yet very inviting and perfect for a small group or dinner for two. Like many other restaurants in Italy they are focused on the meal and experience and not about getting you in and out quickly which made our night there very enjoyable. The service was excellent and the owner is a local man who has put his life into this restaurant, and it definitely shows. The menu had a great selection of local seafoods and pastas.

• Visited April 2013
Kingston, Canada
“very good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a very good meal at Via Venti during a short stay in Monterosso. We went on the recommendation of some folk we'd met in a train station elsewhere in Italy, and were happy with the referral. On a quieter street, small but elegant. Service was attentive, and the waiter and bartender were quite helpful when I asked them about the music that was playing in the background. The best bread I'd tasted so far in Italy (I was told it came from a bakery in Levanto). Very well prepared fish, and in house desserts that included a good version of the local torta Monterossina.

• Visited October 2013
“"Service charge" on a hand written receipt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a bad experience at the restaurante Via Venti. We ordered a meal and a bottle of wine. The food was good but when it came time to pay we received a hand written receipt with 3 items from the waiter. The 2nd item on the receipt was a sum of the two secondi platti we both had had under the itemisation of "secondi platti", the third was for the bottle of wine but the first hand written item for 5 euros clearly did not read "servizio" (service charge) nor did it read "pane e coperto" for bread. We asked the waiter for clarification, this was when he started getting a little agitated. He said the item was for a service charge. We argued that Italian law requires the service charge to be clearly printed on the menu and that we had looked through every page before ordering and there was none. The waiter then said the charge was a tip for him, for his service and we didn't want to pay it, he would cancel the charge. He however left the hand written on the receipt and walked out the restaurant door to stand outside. It was when we took our phones out to take a picture of the hand written receipt did he step back in to the restaurant and cross out the first item.

I do not mind paying a tip for good service, unfortunately however we received none. The only thing the waiter did was take our order, and open our wine with a cork screw. He did not even pour our wine. We did not appreciate the hand written receipt on a piece of notebook paper or being slapped a fee for something which should have been for our gratitude for his service not what he thinks we should pay for his service, something of which should also have been printed on his menu as Italian law requires.

3 Thank Basil_77_a
Charlottetown, Canada
“Horrible!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'll begin by saying I didn't eat so my review is not about the food, it's about the most horrible experience I've ever had in a restaurant in my life. My friend and I just returned after an 18 day tour of Italy and 12 days in to our amazing trip we looked specifically for Via Venti as my research showed it to be a good place to go for dinner. When we arrived, all of the outdoor tables were full so we walked in and after standing for a minute with no acknowledgement I asked the woman behind the back counter/wall if there was a table for two (the restaurant was empty inside). She barked " Sit there!!" and pointed to a table. OK....we figured they were busy so let that slide. A few minutes later a male server rushed by and dropped menus on our table with no greeting. Ok.... we let that slide too. After 4-5 minutes of no one seeing to us we decided to go elsewhere as we were really hungry. We walked out and were starting down the very crowded and busy street when the male server ran out and called that we had forgotten something. I turned and he then threw the two blue paper napkins at me! He then said something in Italian - I'm sure it wasn't nice - and turned on his heel. Quite a show for the patrons lining the street and quite humiliating for us. My friend decided to take a picture of the restaurant she was so insulted but the waiter ran up to her and put his hands in front of her camera and yelled at us to leave the street!!! He continued to yell and gesture at us. I am still shocked as I write this! I want to clarify that we never said one word to this man nor were we rude when we left the restaurant - we just left. This incident upset me and left me crying and humiliated - this was the only blemish on an amazing trip. At every other restaurant we went to throughout Italy and in Monterosso, we were greeted nicely and made to feel welcome. I cannot imagine what made that man believe he could behave that way.

• Visited October 2013