“Not as good as we hoped!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Ciak

Ristorante Ciak
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Closed Wednesday and from December to March
Killarney Vale, Australia
“Not as good as we hoped!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We read some reviews on Ciak an they looked pretty good, and as we walked past and looked in the side window all the fresh seafood layed out on the benches looked beautiful . We didn't have a reservation but they fitted us in and seated the four of us in the outside piazza area which was great. I ordered sword fish, and I guess I should have talked to the waiter a bit more as that's all I got. Nothing else on the plate at all! My wife got seafood skewers and all they had on them were two prawns, two baby octopus and a small scampi, and my daughter and her boyfriend ordered gnocchi and they came out with a bowl, and realised there were supposed to be two,so divided it into two bowls. The waiters were having a good time talking and joking with each other, but I think they could have spent a bit more time explaining their small, expensive dishes to their customers

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“We had 4 dinners at this restaurant. If we would've been able we would have gone again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This village is an extremely pleasant place te be. There are sufficient restaurants.
But this Trattoria/restaurant is by far the best. If I was a GuideMichelin inspector I would give it 2 stars. It does help if one speaks a little Italian so the waiter will be willing to tell you not to take the fish of the day if he is not completely happy with it himself.
As I said, we went Four Times in one week.

Visited September 2013
Bucharest
“Great marketing lesson!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

As you walk down the main street in Monterosso there is an open window on the right, showing the kitchen of a restaurant: the tempting fresh sea food, fish, the home made pasta ready to be cooked and the cooks preparing the dishes for the guests! A small glance on that window is all you need to be tempted and have lunch or dinner in this restaurant. Great marketing trick that works and convinces even the most experienced of people to eat there.

The food was nice, quite good and most of all, fresh! Not that many varieties and a bit to little for a person in comparison to other restaurants...

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Fish of the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Picked the fish we wanted cooked. The Sea Bass was grilled to perfection and filleted at the table by the very experienced and friendly waiter. So fresh it tasted of the sea. Amazing....

Visited September 2013
West Hollywood, California, United States
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm not a fan of mussels and clams, but we had a seafood pasta with those creatures in it and it was delicious! Also really good pesto gnocchi. The gnocchi was super soft pillows (better than the gnocchi at Miky. Our server was lovely and friendly. I would go back and/or recommend to a friend.

• Visited August 2013