Il Patio
Agoda.com
Sol Levante(Riomaggiore)
Affittacamere Edi(Riomaggiore)
HotelQuickly
Locanda Ca da Iride(Riomaggiore)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at Il Patio for three nights and I must say I was not disappointed! A friend had recommended we stay here and it was just as they had said...extremely clean, very relaxing and all amenities that we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen facilities allowed us to buy a few items at the Coop down the street and enjoy breakfast on the patio before heading out to hike each day. Piera provided recommendations for dinner (and even made reservations for us) and both meals were excellent. She also gave us some tips on hiking as well as using the bus and train. I loved hearing the bells toll in the village (think they start at 7:00 am and end at 10:00 pm) and one evening we walked up the walkway from Il Patio to watch the sunset over the Mediterrean and the town...truly a magical place!
If you are hiking, make sure to do the hike just above town thru the vineyards from Volastra to Corniglia....amazing views and much more peaceful than the lower hikes.

Room Tip: We had requested the room with the sea view, but it was unavailable. The room we had overlooked the courtyard but it was very quiet and it had a stunning view of the town and clocktower, especially in early evening. We were able to enjoy the view of the sea from just above Il Patio and on the hikes to the other towns.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Il Patio for a week in September. Piera and her husband were wonderful hosts - always ready to help with anything or to offer suggestions and tips regarding the Cinque Terre. The rooms are modern, very comfortable and clean with fresh towels every other day. I happened to mention to Piera that I had hurt my knee the first day I arrived at Manarola, and when I left her husband insisted on carrying my luggage all the way to the train station for me! Regarding the town, after visiting all five villages I would have to say that Manarola is the best one to stay in. When the sea is calm, the marina turns into a wonderful swimming pool. There are no beaches, but this is better for swimming - the water is crystal clear and you can jump or dive from the rocks directly into water that is 5-7 meters deep. When I return I will happily stay there and at Il Patio!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at 'Il Patio' for one week in August. Piera's husband waited for us at the train station and took us to Il Patio (while he helped carrying our luggage), were we got an excellent room! Piera welcomed us very friendly and was very helpfull. It sure was a comfortable stay! The location of 'Il Patio' was just perfect, close to the sea and the centre of the beautiful Manarola! The patio near our room was a really beatiful and cozy place to stay, rest or eat breakfast (like we did every day) And when you needed something you always could ask Piera who took care of us and our room very well!

We really would love to visit Il Patio again when we come back to Manarola!
We would recommend Il Patio to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent out honeymoon at Il Patio and it was a great place to call home for our stay. Piera was incredibly nice and accommodating to us the entire time. The room was big with a nice breeze that came through at night. Great location and definitely in the best of the five towns. We will stay here again when we visit Italy. Great value, great sights and an all around great time. Thanks piera.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights in July. We had a wonderful time and the room was perfect: cute and comfortable! It was nice to be able to sit out and have a drink on the patio. Piera's English is excellent, and she's very friendly and accomodating, and right upstairs if you need anything. We definitely recommend Il Patio!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends