“BEST place to stay in ALL of Cinque Terre”

Affittacamere San Giorgio
Ranked #2 of 18 Manarola B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wow, I've learned a lot in three days. First off I learned I was super lucky to pick Manarola and this hotel. I went against Rick Steve's who said Vernazza was the spot but Vernazza is really is just full of crowds and tourist bus groups.

The hotel is more like renting an apartment and it's modern and clean. It is by far the best hotel I've stayed at in my 3+ weeks traveling in Italy.

Some tips for hiking. If you see at trail that just has a sign that says closed and it's not gated off or impossible to to jump its fair game. The hikes near Manarola are the best. The closer you get to Vernazza and the town north the trails are flooded with people.

If you take one thing from this review: stay in Manarola...stay here. You'll be proud every time you see someone else lugging luggage to worse hotels :)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank rad79

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The room was spacious and nice. But I stayed here for 3 nights and my room wasn't cleaned and my towels weren't changed the whole time. The very friendly manager told me on 2 occasions that he would change my towels after the 2nd night. So I had to use wet and dirty towels from the floor to dry off on the last morning. The manager was nowhere to be found during his office hours as usual. My wifi stopped working completely on the last night. Don't stay here if you need reliable wifi. I needed it to plan my next day which unfortunately I was unable to do.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank milkmann536
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I went to Italy for our first time. When we got to the train station there was a delay with the train so Simone was kind enough to be waiting for us at the station and took us to the hotel. The room was very clean and we loved the sound of the water flowing outside our window. Simone made some suggestions for our hiking adventures for the next day and he made suggestions on exploring the neighboring towns. We really enjoyed our stay at san giorgio manarola and if we are ever back that way we would stay again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great location, directly in front of you as you come out of the tunnel from the train station. Our room was great...clean, spacious, big bathroom. But, the best part of our stay there was the hospitality. Simon, the manager of the Inn, was so helpful. Not only did he provide great suggestions for exploring the town and other villages in Cinque Terre, but he helped us cancel our hotel room in Bologna (so we could extend or stay in Manarola).

Will absolutely stay here again on our next visit to Manarola!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jhorre1
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed at Affittacamere San Giorgio, and I couldn't have had a more wonderful experience. The room was absolutely beautiful with a clean elegance that I love. The location just next to the tunnel to the train and right in the middle of town is ideal. But far and away it was Simone who made my stay so special, and who I can honestly say I now consider a friend. Don;t hesitate to stay here, you will have an amazing experience in one of the most beautiful villages in all of Italy :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Shawn R
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Centrally located and clean. Simone went well out of his way to make our stay enjoyable and helped us to find and appreciate the local highlights. Nice accommodations and friendly service. Tops on our list!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HowardMinnesota
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at Saint Georgio for 6 days in October 2013 and would recommend it. We took the top floor apartment which has its own terrace looking over the rooftops to the sea. It was very clean and comfortable and well worth the climb up the stairs (no lifts). The location is excellent - not to far to haul your bags from the station - and the people friendly. A great breakfast at the café next door!

Room Tip: Top floor if you can get it!