“Absolutely loved this! Terrific Seafood!”
Review of Il Porticciolo

Il Porticciolo
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Manarola
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a great find in Cinque Terre! If you love Seafood, this place will not disappoint.
The staff were very friendly - the service was quick, accommodating and attentive.
The half lobster was absolutely amazing as well as the antipasto and pasta.
We would totally recommend eating here for lunch or dinner.
We visited during lunch time and everything was absolutely brilliant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great restaurant with helpful and attentive staff! The sea food was fresh as to be expected while being perfectly cooked! All courses were delicious and they even do gluten free pasta.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Led here by the great reviews on Trip Advisor, we found truly memorable food, superb service and kind, warm people. We arrived in Manarola much earlier than expected, but being hungry and a bit eager to see whether the reviews were matched by the reality, we decided to see if they were open a bit after noon. They welcomed us with warmth. We started our meal by splitting a secondo, their seafood soup. It proved to be simply the best dish we have had in Italy!
We followed that with separate second courses, my wife had their prima trofie pasta with pesto and I had their spaghetti with seafood. My wife declared the trofie to be even better than the soup! Equally surprising, I consider my second course to be the second best dish I have had in Italy!

Throughout the meal we enjoyed wonderful service from Sophie, who was attentive, but not intrusive. No slow service here! She graciously guided our wine selection and accepted our unusual ordering of courses with smiles!

Must add that the price of this meal was more than a third LESS than we paid the previous day for a meal that, while very good, did not match this meal. Oh, and the portion size, well I actually left some of the pasta uneaten, which in itself is a true rarity.

The ONLY drawback of Il Porticciolo is the lack of a view of the Med. It is located right on the main street of Manarola, right in the busiest part of town. We have LOVED the views of the Cinque Terra, and have climbed many steps to reach them, but we found the "people watching" our table provided here, to be quite fun while eating this superb food!

MOST HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were in Manarola in the afternoon and had been recommended this restaurant. We took an early dinner to dine here before heading back to our village of Riomaggiore. The food, service and facilities were excellent. We had pizza, pasta, salad and drinks all of which were the best we had in our time in Cinque Terre. Being a family with 3 pre-teens we were happily accommodated by the staff. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone to try.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I were in love with this restaurant! They have the absolute best seafood pasta I have ever eaten. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Make sure you eat here!!! You will be missing out!