“The seafood was very good!”
Review of Il Porticciolo

Il Porticciolo
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Manarola
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a starter we had the seafood mix, which was very good! Then we had pizza: I had a pizza pesto (it was awesome! The pesto was so fresh!) and my partner had a pizza napoli. We really liked both. As a 'dessert' we choose the limoncello. During this drink we had a long talk with the waiter. Friendly people who speaks English, not that common in Italy. When we left we had a small drink from the house: some sweet Italian wine, typically for the Cinque Terre.
It was a great experience with very good (sea)food and friendy people!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I just had a serving of the seafood spaghetti and it was amazing! One plate for 10 euros came with prawns, shrimp, mussels, clams, bamboo clams and squid! Definitely the best seafood pasta I have ever eaten in my life!

1  Thank kwayteowmu
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We found the restaurant on Tripadvisor and it was ranked #2 in Manarola after Billy's. We'd already eaten at the very good Billy's so tried il Porticciolo in this tiny village. A scruffy hand written A4 specials menu stuck to the window and a crowd of drunk local males had us wondering if we had made a mistake. But then the fabled waiter Giovanni greeted us and served some of the best pasta, seafood and fish we've ever eaten. It's why we had to go back for lunch before we left town. Billy's was good, and the view sitting outside was perfect but for the food and the service from Giovanni, il Porticciolo wins hands down. The local delicacies of fresh anchovies in lemon and the batti batti slipper lobster with either pasta or raviloni (we had both) were superb, truly. If you visit Manarola, or even all of Cinque Terre and you don't dine here, you'll have missed something simple, reasonably priced and delicious. A rare combination these days. Oh, and try the limoncino (not lemoncello) - pretty good too.

3  Thank Fivestarsi
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Amazing seafood here ! Very nice service too! Great price for such fantastic dishes! The potatoes on the side of the main courses are sooo nice! The mussel dish is a must try! It's so good !! Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone stopping by in manarola! You dont want to miss this!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

In the town of Manorola there aren't many restaurants and there are SO many tourists that I just assumed that places like this would be there to take advantage of visitors like they do in my home town in Florida. Thank goodness I was wrong. The waitress was exceptionally accommodating, had a great sense of humor and spoke wonderful English.

We stopped for a quick lunch bite and ended up enjoying a first class-outstanding meal. The region is known for its white wine, so give the house white a shot as well as the proseco - both are outstanding. Well priced and generous pours too!

I had a pasta/red sauce with lobster and it simply knocked my socks off. My wife and daughter had similar dishes - one with seafood and the other meat and they were equally as good. We got the mixed "ham" appetizer which was made of various thinly sliced soppresetta and prosciutto. UnREAL!
We literally walked away stunned at the dinning experience we had as opposed to what we thought we'd get when we walked in. My only regret is that we couldn't go more often!