“Can't wait to come back”
Review of La Scogliera

La Scogliera
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Manarola
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Il ristorante La Scogliera è situato nella via principale di Manarola, uno dei meravigliosi borghi delle 5 terre, a pochi passi dal mare. Il locale è uno dei più caratteristici della zona perché interamente fatto con pietre recuperate dal fondo del mare. Una delle due sale è stata ricavata da una vecchia cantina dove veniva prodotto il noto passito "sciacchetrà" mentre la saletta più piccola ha ancora oggi un antico soffitto con travi in legno. All'esterno troverete un'accogliente veranda circondata dalle barche dei pescatori.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in Cinque Terre and cant wait to come back, still craving the pesto from Trattoria La Scogliera. Great patio to have a long lunch and good house white wine. We were so happy with the food, only disappointment is that we tried to go back on a Thursday night for dinner and it was closed, we had a nice meal elsewhere but not nearly as good as the meals at this restaurant. When we return it will be the first place we eat!

There are newer reviews for La Scogliera

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The short story: the manager called the police (souposly)because we didn't want to leave all the money as a tip for waitress, from a dish that we gave back, that wasn't good, and made a scene in front of all the restaurant.
Me and my girlfriend entered to this restaurant, ordered first and second dish each. My girlfriend loved her dishes ( soup and codefish).
I was having mix squid that was very good, but the fried calamary was dry and not satisfied, so I asked the waitress for some sauce , she said that they only have some red sauce...ok...
After I still tried to eat this but with not sucsees and not hungry anymore, I asked the waitress to return the food, and then the show began. The manager came and took the plate with a very angry attitude, I explained my self to him in front all of the restaurant why I don't like it, and that I don't feel hungry anymore , and thats why I don't want a different food. He checked the calamy in front of me and told me that its good, ok...
I was surprised when I still saw that dish in my check, so i went inside to talk to this rude manager in privat... But still not understanding... So I decided to leave it like this and to pay the all Bill . But he came back to my table,still very angry, trying to convince me to take something else and that we still pay for the calamary. Now my girlfriend told him that normally if the food does not tasteful for the client the client not pay. So he agree with us and deleted the calamry- but in very bad atitude, and commend us to give the money that we didn't pay as a service- it was 15 Euro. So we told him that we want to decided how much to give as a service, so he asked us kindly to wait to the police that he just tallked to?!?!
We left the restaurant and continued our trip in this amazing village, and still wait the police :))
So the food is so so and the service terrible!!

3  Thank Aviv L
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped by and we've been so surprise with the food! The restaurante is in the main street and the food was really fresh an the hazelnut cake was amazing. The staff is so kind.
I love it.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I had taken the ferry from Monterosso to another city for food. Since we were jumping from city to city on the ferry, we decided to stop at this location for some local wine because it's on the main street and made for some good people watching while enjoying the fresh air. We were sat by the waitress relatively quickly and she promptly brought out bread, oil, and vinegar. So far, so good. When she stops by our table again to take our order, my boyfriend tells her that we won't be eating food, but that we'd like a half liter of wine and a bottle of water. She tells us to hold on, goes to speak with a superior, and comes back apologetically to say that we must eat or we must leave. On our way out, the man our waitress had spoken with sort of apologized, saying they were a restaurant and not a bar. I've never been refused service at a restaurant for only wanting a few drinks. It was pretty shocking that they didn't want our patronage.

1  Thank kasondrarose
Reviewed April 16, 2014

After having several overpriced and mediocre meals, I was hoping that our last dinner in the Cinque Terre would be a good one. Trattoria La Scogliera did not disappoint. We ate in the glassed-in outside area that was full of heat lamps and had nice views of the surrounding area.The prices were more than reasonable, especially considering some of the other restaurants we had looked at and dined at, (€9-14 for a main) and the portions were surprisingly large compared to our previous dinners. While munching on the best restaurant bread I had in Italy, we settled on pesto ravioli with a side of grilled vegetables, fresh sea bass, calamari and a vegetarian pizza.

All of the food arrived quickly, was steaming hot (not something I've experienced often in Italy) and delicious. My pesto ravioli was very flavorful (apparently pesto originated in this region), the sea bass was huge and tasted like it had just been caught, and the pizza was nice and crispy. After having stuffed ourselves on our unusually large portions, we decided to end our visit in the Cinque Terre with some scrumptious tiramisu. The bill (which included two glasses of wine) came to around €80, less than I had expected. Service was also friendly and efficient.

1  Thank mmul21