TripAdvisor

Review of Aristide

Aristide
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Manarola
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We chose this place for lunch based on the mixture of Rick Steve's recommendation plus the assurance of gluten free options from TripAdvisor. It was a good call.

We ate on the plaza patio. Great view of the lower city and fun people watching. Staff was friendly and the meal inexpensive.

We started with the tomato and mozzarella salad with good pesto. My wife had spaghetti with mussel sauce and I enjoyed GF spaghetti with red sauce. Both were quite good. House white wine was food, as was my spritz.

I'll also note their restroom was clean and neat, something that I cannot say for all here.

Would have no problem recommending this place to others.

Enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We sat in the restaurant area in the tiny village square. Great atmosphere, excellent staff who were attentive, helpful and were happy to discuss the menu. I ate beautiful grilled octopus and my wife had the homemade pesto with pasta, both dishes were clearly freshly made and were as good as anything we had in the Cinque Terre. Not expensive for the area and we'll worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was delicious, service was great. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was pastry type or sandwich with great cold fresh squeezed orange juice. Wide range dinner menu. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 6, 2019 via mobile

This was a random stop and I am so thankful! I had a simple dish, spaghetti with tomato and basil but it was the best I’ve had since being in Italy. My husband had the seabass (so fresh and tasty) and he LOVED it and he loved my dish too. I had to fight him from taking too much! Authentic not commercialized Italian food. Yum:)

1  Thank Judyinthecity
Reviewed September 20, 2019 via mobile

We decided to come here for breakfast and went inside to order and were told to sit down and they would take our order. We did and no one served us. There was a queue forming and still no service. When waiter eventually came out I asked if we could order and he looked at me and ignored me and went back inside. Unacceptable service and rudeness.

Date of visit: September 2019