“Good food with a fantastic view”

Trattoria Dal Billy
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Manarola
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Budapest, Hungary
“Good food with a fantastic view”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

After several attempts to make a reservation -- clearly this is a popular place -- we managed to get a table on the terrace for our last evening in Manarola. Good, fresh food combined with the great view overlooking Manarola, made for a fantastic evening. The service was good and the "gift" limoncello was a nice touch to finish off the meal. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and will certainly return on my next visit.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great view and friendly staff”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came in for a late lunch after a morning of hiking. It was pretty high up in Manarola and required a few minutes walk in the sun. When we entered the terrace was nearly empty but the interior was quite full. We were confused as to why so many people chose to sit inside when the weather was perfect and the view was incredible, particularly at the table we chose.

We decided to go for local specialties since we hadn't the night before an we ordered the anchovies in lemon for a starter. I loved them - they weren't as salty as I expected and were lovely on bread. My boyfriend had the pesto pasta (since pesto originates in Liguria afterall) and he enjoyed it. There wasn't anything to the dish besides pasta and pesto but since both were good, so was the resulting dish.

I wanted fresh seafood and asked what the fish caught that day (a section on the menu) was. The waiter did not know any of the names of the fish in English but when he realized it was just for me he said only one was available for a single portion (rather than for a couple.) I started to ask if it would be better grilled or baked (also options according to the menu) and the waiter interrupted and said this fish could only be baked. This would have probably irritated me had he not been very nice generally and clearly well meaning. We were also drinking the house red and just enjoying the weather.

Some time later he brought out the cooked fish to display it and told us he would debone it and bring it back. It was absolutely perfect. There were a couple of potatoes and olives on the side but the fish was fantastic. It was light and buttery and so fresh that they clearly live up to their promise of same day caught fish. I struggled a bit to finish because it was a large portion but I'm not sure of the exact amount. I expected it to cost a fortune but it was under 25 euro judging from our final bill. By the time we finished we were far and away the only people left on the terrace but they never tried to hurry us.

We asked for the check and as the waiter was bringing change he also brought us two glasses and a bottle of lemoncelo. He told us to enjoy an have as much as we like. The bottle was clearly older and was just refilled with their own lemoncelo likely from their tap. It was delicious and we each had a glass or two before heading off to our hotel. This was probably the best meal we had in Cinque Terre and the seafood was even better than in the Veneto region where there is also a lot of fresh fish and we have tried hundreds of restaurants.

1 Thank mgalperin
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cinque Terre dinner”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This restaurant is a good choice for dinner if staying in Manarola, Cinque Terre. We ate dinner here twice, and wish we went someplace else on our second night. I thought it was expensive for the quality of food and service. Make sure you ask for sparkling mineral water instead of still water....as they reuse the bottles for still water, and I'm sure you're just getting Manarola tap water....not an issue with the quality of water, only the fact that they charge you for it.

Visited October 2013
St. Albert, Canada
“Great Views and Great food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

During a visit to Manarola we stopped at Billy's just before they closed at 4:00 and we were glad we did. Very friendly service, high quality food and a great view(!!!) made this a wonderful place to have lunch. A really great pesto with beans and potatoes pasta was shared along with other pastas. The house wine was very good, it seems that almost everyplace we try the house wine it is a hit! Getting to Billy's is a bit of a hike up and you need to keep your eye pealed for the sign but it is worth it.

• Visited September 2013
yellowknife
“Great food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Best balsamic vinegar I have ever had! Wish I had bought a bottle to take home. Great meal. We went early before they opened but they let us in and gave us a drink!

• Visited December 2012