“Best pesto ever”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went up for lunch and had a bottle of house wine, pesto and seafood ravioli on the deck. We were seated right away, and the man (i am assuming the owner) was very helpful, the two female servers didnt seem to be enjoying their time. Service was quick, but the wait for food was a little longer. I attribute this to the fact that everything was fresh and I am assuming fresh made. I make pesto at home quite frequently, but I have never had pesto this good. it was amazing and so rich.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Well....I would like to be able to review this restaurant, sadly however, due to the service we never got the chance.

Having just come off the 3 hour mountain hike from Manarola into Corniglio we headed for what looked like the nicest restaurant on the square with the best view. It was about 1/2 full and the waitress greeted us between clearing other tables and nodded toward a table for us to take a seat. After about 7-8 minutes I went in to ask for menus and also order some water. After 20 minutes we decided we would allow another 5 minutes before we left. The man at the next table who was clearly either a member of staff or knew the owners saw our frustration and asked if we had chosen our food. We replied yes and he went and spoke to the waitress. This was the same waitress who had kept looking at us every time she walked past.

The man concerned duly came back and continued reading his newspaper and drinking his glass of wine, assuming the waitress would be over. 5 minutes later, a whole 25 minutes after entering and taking a seat we got up and left having never placed an order.

I have to say, the restaurant looked lovely and I am sure the food is nice but they weren't even full and still we couldn't even order, despite them knowing we wanted to. We promptly walked to a nearby restaurant, ordered and had fresh grilled fish delivered in less time than we had sat at this restaurant.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived in Corniglia rather late (around 9:30pm), so we were very thankful this restaurant was open. The restaurant overlooks the village and the views from the outdoor seating can't be beat.
However, the positives stop there... The mixed seafood platter was cold and not fresh (tasted very fishy and old), the seafood pasta (had spaghetti and clams) was also not fresh - around half the clams were still closed. The main dish was baked fish which was tasty but very small for the price. The dessert was terrible - a runny and warm Italian "mousse". The bill was pricey and the service not exceptional. In all, fine if you're arriving late, but don't make a special trip.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pasta pesto just sublime... The region is famous for its basil pesto. My fussy son gave the Salmon pasta a definite thumbs up. The seafood risotto was also very tasty. Service was good, and the view magnificent. Thankfully walking the cinque terre allows one to eat pasta!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

All I have to say is the pesto that is served at this restaurant is magnifico! I would definitely go back to this restaurant. We were there a year ago for lunch which was included in a tour we took of this area. The service, view and food were all spectacular. I highly recommend.