“Great Seafood Risotto”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We chose this restaurant for the simple reason it was the only one we could find with a sea view. The view was lovely, the service good and the Seafood Risotto better than excellent!
After sharing that as our first plate (12 Euro per person, min 2 person) my partner and I realised we should have just stuck with that (and maybe got another one though).

We had already ordered the fish as second plate which is priced by weight so you don't know the price until the bill arrives. They cleaned the fish at your table which was great and after all was said and done it tasted OK (I got the Sea Bass, my partner the Sea Bream, which you could tell it was fresh if a little bland), but there isnt a lot left after the cleaning and for hungry hikers we'd have been much better with another risotto. Also adding 34 Euro for the 2 fish hit the budget a bit.

The Risotto for us made this a good pick.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Best seafood we had in Italy. Amazing service. Our server gave us a free bottle of wine at dinner because we had also been there for lunch. Amazing view of the village and the sea. The sea bass ravioli is recommended.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Still salivating when I think about that salmon penne... The restaurant is beautiful, clean, has nicest people, the ocean view is amazing, and the salmon penne was the best i've ever had. It was really close to the bus stop, right up the hill. I want to go back to Italy just so that we can go there and eat that pasta!!! Thank you so much for a memorable meal!!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I came to this restaurant on a tour. I am very happy this is the restaurant they choose to bring you to because after coming here and now seeing the reviews, I see why they are so well regarded as one of the best places to eat in Corniglia! I have a seafood platter for a first plate and a spaghetti with pesto, potatoes and green beans for a second plate. So so so pleased with my service there as well, as there were almost 50 people on the tour!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'll start by saying this. When travelling, my wife and I never, ever, EVER go to the same restaurant twice, since there are always so many different things to try. This one we had to make an exception for.

We stopped here for lunch after a looong hike through the high paths. The view is of course the best you'll ever see if you're eating outside. The server I think was the owner, and he was extremely helpful, spoke English, and was clearly working very hard. We had a gnocchi pesto which was really good and a whole gilt-head, which he brough out to us whole and cleaned at our table. That fish was outstanding. We also had a bottle of the house white, which is made right there in Corniglia. It was only 10 euros, and I thought it was the best white wine I've ever had.

The lunch experience was so great that we returned for dinner the next night. The owner served us again, and we had a different pasta and different fish, and once again, the whole fish was memorable. We were there during the off-season and not too long after the floods, so there weren't any other tourists around, but the locals were coming to this restaurant to eat, which is always a good sign.

The view and clear visibility of the place scream "tourist trap," but that was very much not the case. And if I go to Cinque Terre again, I'm going here for a third time!