“Nice B&B close to the city center”
Review of B&B Hotel Udine

B&B Hotel Udine
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Udine
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed one night at the beginning of our trip. The B&B was pretty much "no nonsense, what you see is what you get", with a good continental breakfast, which surprised us because Italians don't usually do continental, they're more into espresso & sweets (breakfast is not included, but you can book it with your room or just pay there at the reception) We got a good night's sleep and were able to take a closer look at Udine's city center, which was close to the hotel (basically a 10 min walk). The hotel gave us a map and explained everything (spoke English). You don't really need a car in Udine, so we were happy to put ours in the hotel garage. Our room was a good size, very clean and nicely furnished. All in all it was a great experience and if ever in Udine, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MimmiVienna
There are newer reviews for B&B Hotel Udine

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I took a trip to Europe to see Italy, Austria and Slovenia. I was supposed to stay with a friend for the entire trip, but was supremely disappointed by the rude and condescending attitude of my so called host. I quickly got online and searched for a reasonably priced hotel. I checked many locations and found the Hotel President; now called Hotel B&B Udine. A fine place to stay for 1 or 2 people. They allow your pets as well! Bonus. Very clean and a very reasonable price. 39 euros per night for a single occupant and they have all you can eat breakfast in the lobby cafe for 6.90 euros and 3.50 for the bambino's. I highly recommend this place if you are on a budget or just don't require over the top luxury services. The friendly staff were more than hospitable and I plan to stay here again if I return to Udine. This place is 1 hour from many Ski areas in the nearby Alps/Dolomites. As well, only 1 hour to the sea for summertime fishing and relaxation.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 5th floor. Views of the city center and the Alps in the distance. My room was #51...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at the President B &B hotel in Udine for a sports event. My room was a single room with one big bed, TV, nice funcitional clean bathroom, a window that opens and very nice helpful staff.
I enjoyed my room on the 5th floor. If you have lot's of bags or heavy bags, you do not want the 5th floor as you have to walk up a flight of stairs.
My bed was great, the breakfast was great. I asked if breakfast could be open early because our sports event started ealy, they said no problem, and it was ready in the morning earlier. Very nice and happy staff!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we stayed here for 1 night in October 2012. rooms are small but modern and very basic. but good enough for a short stay especially for the price offered. location is about a 20 minute walk to the city center. parking is available in the streets in fromt of the hotel or on the hotel owned parking-lots and garage.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just had a one night stay in the President. Its a good 30 min walk from the railway station or a 10 euro taxi ride. Hotel spotless, seems to have been renovated because it looked like a new hotel inside, very modern, stylish rooms. One downside was there was no bar but you dont have to walk far to find a one. The staff were ok, though not over friendly !

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel has changed ownership since most of the reports are written. It's not as good as it was. It's the same price or more, and is significantly more basic. Great location though, and ample parking.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TJC_11
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was booked into the Hotel President while on business in the area. After having stayed in another 4* Hotel President in Florence on a recent business trip, I was a bit worried (I know it is not a chain and there could be no link between the two apart from the name, but still...). However, this hotel proved to be far, far better and, for an Italian independent hotel, it was as close to its actual star rating as I have ever seen. And I even think I got one of the worst rooms! I was on the top floor where the ceiling slanted down and the only light came in through a skylight window. The room was quite small, but adequate (only a single). However, what impressed me the most was the cleanliness and how orderly it all was. Certainly it is not brand new, but the housekeeping must be of a good enough standard to make it seem like at least it has been taken good care of. Importantly, the bathroom was very clean with no mould or scruffy marks anywhere, again vouching for the hotel's standards of cleaning. The only drawback is possibly the shower which, despite my best efforts of sealing the shower curtain against the tiled walls on both sides, still left a rather large pool of water on the bathroom floor.
Breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice and everything looking very fresh and well laid out. Hot drinks were served to your table rather than from a self-service machine so it was essentially like going to a bar (the Italian way) but also having your pick of all the croissants, cakes and other food you wanted.
Staff were also kind and helpful, both at check-in and check-out.
To summarise, it is not a luxurious hotel, but for Italian standards, its star rating really is not so misleading. I would give it a three and a half, which is good considering most of the 4*s I stay in in Italy merely deserve a 2*.
I will certainly consider it for my next trip to Udine.

Room Tip: If you are tall like me, try to avoid the fifth floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business