“This is what service should be measured against!!!!”
Review of Principe Hotel

Principe Hotel
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Udine
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I visited Udine for one night while we were with family. We were on our way to Florence after. The hotel is in an excellent location and the service is exceptional.

The people in Udine are so very kind - it is nice to know that they form part of our roots!!!

The staff was more than helpful. We were out when our family arrived at the hotel and they greeted them and chatted with them until we arrived. They took great care of knowing what are plans were - they helpfed us with booking train tickets and even booked us a hotel in Florence. All hotels should be aiming for this level of service as his was great!!! They are the most friendliest people \i have ever met at a hotel.

Great place to stay!! Breakfast was good as well. Rooms extremely clean.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barnloves2travel

Reviewed May 22, 2010

Perfect location - a one-minute walk away from the train station when you arrive with your bags - a ten-minute stroll away when you return from a night out in the city centre. Relatively quiet from trafic and other noise. Nice - rather small - and very clean rooms. The staff is extremely riendly and helpful. They remember your name - and the second morning you come down for breakfast the just as if you "want the same type of coffee as yesterday". Stayed for a week and I hope that I can return to Udine some day - and will not even look for alterntive hotels (unless this is fully booked).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lbx-se
Reviewed April 20, 2010

After travelling around and staying in many different places in Europe, the things I have come to appreciate and which this hotel satisfied were:

1) clean, quiet rooms, with lovely crisp clean bedlinen. The bed covers were clean!! The beds were comfy and DID NOT sqeak every time I rolled over.
2) very friendly staff. Infact probably the friendliest hotel staff I have come across.
3) Easy parking
4) close to train and an easy walk to the old city.
5) Breakfast was a good continental buffet with fresh breads.

I didnt have a problem with the area and felt quite safe. I am astonished that people care about what the decor is like in any hotel. As long as the place is quiet and comf and the place isnt falling apart - its fine with me. This hotel was very nice and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Aus-wonderers
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I visited Udine just for the purposes of attending a concert at the Stadio Friuli. I arrived very early by train from Venice, and was apprehensive because I don't speak either German or Italian, and was traveling alone.

I could not have been any more pleased with this gem of a hotel. It was right across from the train station, and right on the bus route to the concert. The room was pristine (I mean PRISTINE), the bed ultra-comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice and very welcome. After arriving back from the concert hot, tired and feeling grubby, the shower, and the efficient room air conditioning felt like heaven!

But what really set this place apart was the wonderful woman who was running the hotel. She was very very kind, spoke excellent English (and German and Italian) and helped me with all the information I needed. The next morning she asked how the concert was, and helped me with 10 minutes of free internet, for which she refused payment. Receiving such friendly, personal service is very rare.

This was the best value of any hotel I have every stayed at in Italy, and from what I saw of the town of Udine, I would not hesitate to come back for a more extensive visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank JenAnnB
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Nice hotel with lovely staff.
Conveniently located to the train station so that you can day-trip to other locations.
Nice breakfast. Good price.
A nice walk into the main centre of Udine.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HJHKRD
Reviewed June 16, 2009

just back from weekend break.nice hotel near bus and railway stations.staff spoke good english and where very helpful rooms where clean but not great breakfast was ok the area around the hotel is not great but only ten mins from the very nice town centre.good loction for the nearby montains and slovinia all where breathtakeing and we will go back again

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2009

It's been my second time at hotel Principe in Udine, and I have to confirm that it is a very nice place: clean, confortable, very conveniently located neat the train station.

The best aspect is the staff courtesy.

On the minus side, breakfast is just OK, and rooms are quite bland (but very clean).

A nice little no-frills hotel, quite convenient for business travel

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business