This small hotel is apparently the product of a renovation project, and every detail has been thoughtfully and carefully executed. The location, a few blocks from the busy Piazza dell'Unita d'Italia and the gorgeous Riva, is convenient and gave us the opportunity to explore some back streets and piazze in search of food and drink.
The cozy entrance from the narrow street didn't prepare us for the large, light spacious room with a real king-size bed, kitchenette and warm wooden floors. Parts of the old walls remain, a tiny glassed-in courtyard next to the desk brings light and greenery inside, and the turntable in the bar/breakfast room is actually used to play classic LPs. The bathroom was brightened by a wall of frosted windows, and the windows in the main room opened onto the street below. A bottle of local wine was one of the stocked items, and the price wasn't the usual outrageous minibar minifortune, but the same price we would have paid in a local shop - and was excellent as all of the Friuli wines seem to be. Each room is named after a kind of wood, and the wooden floors and furniture and carefully-designed lighting help make the rooms warm and inviting. The staff (were they all family?) are friendly, helpful and interesting folks - the older gentleman gave us a brief lesson in French art-glass, some items of which were on display in the hallway. The only negative was the lack of an elevator to our 2nd floor (US 3rd) room.
Albero Nascosto was one more reason we would like to have stayed longer in Trieste. We'll know to plan for a longer stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Albero Nascosto" is part of a project for the restoration of the ancient historical center of Trieste, which is reviving one of the most interesting and bustling neighbourhoods in the city. The renovation of the ancient building has rigorously preserved the original atmosphere, white stone, hardwood, wrought-iron, essential lines and utmost simplicity being the characteristic features. All the studio-apartments are bright and have a bathroom, equipped kitchen unit, satellite TV, refrigerator, air-conditioning and wireless-internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Residence L'Albero Nascosto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Residence l Albero Nascosto
- Residence l Albero Nascosto Trieste