We spent Easter at this wonderfully clean hotel with outstanding service. I wanted a hotel room with views of the sea and forgot to request this .Luckily all rooms in the newer part of the hotel linked by corridor have a sea view.The room was not large but everything was there , flat screen tv and good wardrobe space , small balcony with great views of the water below. Plentiful hot water in the shower. Second chamber maid service in the evening Luckily we made a reservation in the restaurant as we arrived on Easter Friday .The menu is limited but the service was excellent despite being completely booked . I feel the menu would have been pricey for a family and we ate elsewhere for the rest of our stay . Breakfast was adequate.In fact there were scrambled eggs and bacon to be had but I never managed to obtain any as they were either gone or not out yet .Why do I want a cooked breakfast on holiday when I don't at home .?The pool and sea access was not open while we were there and a lounger by the pool would have cost fifteen euros a day had they been open . Trieste was but a short drive away and the receptionist recommended a great multi storey car park which was reasonable and close to the sights .(Finding the payment machine was a nightmare for locals and tourists alike)We also visited Aquila and Grado a pleasant drive from the hotel and so well worth seeing .Would I visit this hotel again ,yes in certain circumstances.The reception staff were all excellent . Lovely views of the water but pricey for a family and not a lot of choice on the menu .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a natural park, straight on the sea, Hotel Rivera & Maximilian's offers classic, superior and deluxe rooms, as well as suites, all with seaview. Most of the rooms have a private balcony. The breakfast room and the restaurant have big panorama windows on the sea and a large terrace overlooking the Gulf and Miramare Castle. The high level restaurant serves local dishes and from italian tradition, based on fresh fish. The restaurant is an ideal location for weddings, as well as banquets, also for dinner for two with candle light. From the end of May until September our guest can descend to our beach wit a 30 m high lift, where they find a snack bar. The large parking area is free of charge for hotel guests. The conference room, with sea view, is at disposal for meetings. City centre can be reached with city bus nr.6 And in summer with a ship. Free wifi all over the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Riviera & Maximilian's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Riviera And Maximilian`s
- Riviera Maximilians Trieste
- Riviera Maximilians Hotel Trieste