“Excellent!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sicily, Italy
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Located in the center of the beautiful city of Trieste this restaurant has a lovely and cozy atmoshpere, inside as well as outside and it offers a great variety of food.

I appreciated it when I still ate meat, but I especially appreciate it now that I am a vegetarian!

The mix of starters (which costs about 12 euros and it's enough for two people) is fantastic. I loved the sauce with eggplants and the the tzatziki sauce, but also the beans are very good.

Then the mix of Greek grilled cheeses is absolutely fantastic, the portions are good and the price is commensurate to the food and the service (you don't have to wait hours to be served).

After dinner, don't forget to try the delicious Greek liquor with cinnamon and cloves!

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Opa!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although it was too cold to sit outside, this charming Greek restaurant just off the main piazza is a welcome change from the usual Italian fare. The food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere warm and inviting. My dish was lamb (not kleftika, but the special of the day) and the meat was falling off the bone. The portion was too big for me, although if I could have finished it, I would have, it was that good! The service was attentive without being intrusive. Very good value for money, I'd say! Would definitely visit it again when next in Trieste!

• Visited December 2012
Venice, Italy
“Greek Food In N.E. Italy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

It was nice to have the opportunity to try some the classic Greek dishes while in Italy. Time Out is located just behind the main square in Trieste, Piazza Unita`, and near the former Jewish ghetto where you can find many antique shops. They offer outdoor dining, though the tables were tightly packed close to one another.

The food was okay. Many of the classics of Greek cuisine could be found on the menu which featured pictures of each dish. This was helpful, though I normally try to avoid restaurants with photo menus. A business associate brought me to Time Out so I agreed to give it a try. I started with a classic Greek salad that featured lots of feta cheese, good Greek olives and some very tired green lettuce (the lettuce I normally toss out when making a salad at home.) I followed this with souvlaki, skewered pork that was grilled with a rather nice seasoning and served with a yogurt dipping sauce. My business associate had moussaka and grilled, skewered lamb. All this, plus four small bottles of water and two cafe totaled 45 euro.

• Visited June 2012