“discover triest”

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Trieste
amsterdam, netherlands
“discover triest”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

A good hotel to discover Triest, near station, a bus stop in front of the hotel, walking distance to all the mayor sights. The hotel itself is not interesting, the breakfast room is very crowded but the breakfast is all right (especially the cappuccino!). The staff is helpful and nice.
Down side: outdated, to expensive, noise from the street

Room Tip: familyroom on 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here en route from Ljubljana to Trieste Airport (Monfalcone). We arrived on Saturday evening having had to come from Koper (Slovenia) because of lack of trains across the border. Very convenient for the Station and reasonably appointed if just a little dated. The room obviously had been recently renovated and was comfortable with efficient aircon. WiFi was free and available in the room. Despite other negative reviews we found the breakfast pretty good with a good choice and attentive service. You know this hotel was not that bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel mostly because of the photos. However, at the time we entered the room we realised that it wasn't what we expected. After few hours we noticed ants on the floor and we were surprised. Later on, we heard from the people who live in Trieste for years, that this hotel has a bad reputation. The bottom line is that it should have been much more decent for that high price. The breakfast was continental, in general not bad at all.

• Stayed July 2012
Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Well we were here for 5 nights visiting family and although it was not all bad the third night was a nightmare as I had a run in with a male night staff member.

He was rude and totally disgusting! You do not treat guests with such rudeness.

I had an email from the hotel letting us know that during our 5 night stay they would give us one of the loading bays to park our 9 seater van at night! The beautiful girl in the morning on day 3 said yes that was true and it would be available. That night two other cars were parked in the loading bays. We kindly mentioned this to the night staff member and he said it is for loading and unloading only for 30 min - I said what about the two cars parked in there? He said they might be leaving but wasnt sure - um when I questioned that we were given priority and had spoken and emailed about this he said it was NOT his problem. I then went and stood outside to see if they would move and where my husband had gone to find a park. The rude receptionist came outside and told me to come inside - when I said I was waiting to see when they were moving within the 30 min he said don't bother - I asked him if he was the Manager and he said no and told me to suit myself if I wanted to watch the park.
When I went back inside I said that they were not moving he said LOOK MADAM I AM NOT THE POLICE! What a nerve! I then asked for his name and he ignored me! I asked again and he still kept his head down on the third time he said I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU MY NAME! So I made one up for him and walked off to my room! I was Fuming!!!
All he had to do was apologize for the misunderstanding and that there was nothing he could do for the night.
It put a real sour taste in my mouth for the rest of the stay!
PARKING IS NON EXISTING and as we were leaving the Hotel another guest had the same issue except he had PAID for parking???? Again the other male staff member was TOTALLY rude to him! So I guess it wasnt just my family who had an issue!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cruisinwithdakids

Travelers are raving about these Trieste hotels

Szczecin, Zachodniopomorskie, Poland
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel in very good location, quiet and clean room. The decor and furnishings look relatively new. The bed was very comfy. The bathroom was clean and all worked well .Everyone on the staff was friendly and happy to help or answer questions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kobiasek
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hotel was outdated, carpets needed replacement, unhelpful and miserable receptionist on arrival, weird set up in room for toilet and shower. Room was fairly clean but for the cost it was completely over priced. No parking available. Breakfast was not fresh

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We picked the Roma because of its location near the central train station and the bus terminal (Autostazionne) since we arrived late by train and had a bus to take to Croatia the next day. That proved to be a good solution since we were in our beds 30 minutes after arriving in Trieste Centrale (the hotel is in front of the station across the dirty on a Sunday night Piazza della Liberta) and I could go secure a bus ticket at 6:25am the next morning at the opening of the booth and be readily back in bed until 10am! We could still catch the cold but satisfying breakfast and we had a couple of hours left to visit the nearby Plaza dell' Unitad, the Canal Grande and the quays, all worth a quick look. Otherwise the room was basic, small but clean and probably quite recently refurbished, with a strong shower. Note that the lift is small and there are flights of stairs to reach it and then to reach the rooms. All in all nothing fancy but a good pick for a short stay because of Roma's convenient location and appropriate service for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple