“Stay away.”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Trieste
“Stay away.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am from Trieste and I unfortunately had to (unwillingly) eat in this place more than once as part of groups of friends. After several experiences, at last I decided I will refuse to enter this place again and strongly warn everyone I know off. My friends agreed after the last experiences.
I had all kind of awful experiences, too long to list all in detail, all the time involving endless waiting and extremely rude personnel, above all the owner/manager. Once we left after too long waiting. The most annoying thing when one tries to complain, is getting rude and aggressive replies from the owner or personnel. Shocking! And the perception is that when they do not attack, they want to cheat you, like telling you the dish is coming and then you wait 20 minutes more, get wrong receipts, etc. They aggressively state they do not allow separate bills (I do not even know if it is legal to do so). Some time ago they also used to own a café nearby, and to promote it they tried this mean initiative of not serving any coffee in the pizzeria: when one wanted to order a coffee, they said they do not serve coffee, and they would tell you to go to their café nearby. Luckily the café was closed down soon. I cannot warn off enough from this place. What is annoying me in particular is that this place is crowded with tourists, so it contributes to a very bad image of Italy. Shame.
For sake of completeness, I add: the interior is cramped because they tried to pack as many tables as possible, you can barely move your chair to be seated, same for outside space, there are many other nice places to eat out in the nice surroundings of the Canale di Ponterosso. Food is overpriced average quality pizza, again go somewhere else.

• Visited April 2012

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Good value for money compared to others closeby”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I found the food quality and prices very good when we ate here in Mid August. The restaurant was busy yet our food and drinks were served promptly.

I tried one of the house pizzas and my partner the mixed grill and we both thoroughly enjoyed the dishes.

For 2 courses plus a couple of beers each the cost was €48.00 which for Trieste we thought was reasonable.

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Nothing special”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Nice location for a pizzeria, located on the canal, at sun set is fabolous; Good quality pizza from a famous chain pizzeria; service not excellent, no reservation available

• Visited July 2012
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Large portions, nice food, good value but lacking in atmosphere”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We went to this restaurant after having a bad meal at another restaurant. The menu is nice and varied. The portions were absolutely massive, I was quite full after just a starter!.
The food was well good and generally tasty.

The restaurant itself was rather like a canteen and slightly lacking in atmosphere. The toilets were hideous with both the sinks in the communal bathrooms broken so that there was no where to wash your hands!

• Visited October 2011