“Disappointing”

Harry's Grill
Ranked #143 of 883 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Harry’s" is the most exclusive restaurant in Trieste. It was opened in 1972 by Arrigo Cipriani, and it is no coincidence that its interior design reminds one of Harry’s Bar in Venice. It offers regional and international dishes, which one can enjoy while overlooking the charming setting of Piazza dell’Unità d’Italia. The kitchen is open from 12.30 to 14.30 ( or meals are served between… ) and from 19.30 to 22.30. And to enjoy the cocktail of the Duchi you just have to stop at Harry’s Bar! From October to April, every saturday 19:00-22:30 piano live music
Reviewed September 3, 2013

High expectations when you into a place like this.., a myth around the world.
Welcomed in a frozen atmosphere, we had lunch while visiting the beauty of Trieste. Truly amazing architecture and surroundings.
The manager did not even say a word and left the stage to another server...food is crap for what you pay for...my Club a sandwich was the worst ever and it's not cheap at all. 10 Euros and they used the same bread to make a traditional Toast ham and cheese which I had in Civitale Del Friuli yesterday at 3.50 Euro and it was simply amazing !!!
There were few returning guests around I noticed. Those, of course, deserved and got a better service and they were served even before us...although we arrived earlier...
The Manager at last approached us... To make us pay...
Never again !!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Worst service by a sneaky Guy we've Ever had! My boyfriend and I just wanted to fill Our waiting Time for the bus by having just one Drink and we payed 12€ for two Cola Zeros (0,2).
Normally we Arent cheap when it comes to Good Food- but eitherway: if you're a billionaire or just a Student Thats absolutely inappropriate!
Maybe they try find a Way to fill their dusty treasury- if i should come back to trieste Once more, I Hope they Used it to clean the streets and For a Way to end the Air pollution!

1  Thank Teresa230188
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Outstanding location, probably one of the best you can find in downtown Trieste. Waitstaff spoke English and appeared knowledgeable. Bar was definitely American in the sense that they knew standard American fare. Service a bit slow, items a bit pricey.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Really? Bad food in Italy? Really? This restaurant has a primo location on one side of Piazza dell'unita d'italia and is charming to look at with lovely glassware. We ordered Caesar Salads & were served a few leaves of limp romaine with no seasonings, a few pieces of Parmesan thrown in & one thin piece of white toast quartered & set on top. I've had this salad at many a dive & this unfortunate presentation & bad execution takes the cake as the absolute worst. Really!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Absolutely the worst food and treatment i have ever had. I am a big fan of culinary specialities, and you could say that each meal is a special event for me, planed in advance and according to the location where i travel in order to meet the best that each city has to offer. Fine dining or taverna on the beach, does not matter as long as the food is a memorable experience.

Unfortunately, i arrived to Trieste late in the evening, and went to Harry's as it was very close to my hotel (Savoia Excelsior Palace) and had a promising elegant outside sitting.

After waiting almost 20min to set up the table (i had no reservstion, and got the table once some people had left), i finally got the menu, and i was asked if i would like to drink something.
After consulting with the head waiter, i chose scallops and blue fin tuna, as it was suggested that it is very fresh and tasty. The scallops had a terrible smell and taste (like they had been in the fridge for a very long time). After the first bite, i returned the dish and explained the problem. The waiter, never bothered to ask me if i would like anything instead of that, and even did not apologize. Before i gor the Tuna, i was thinking, if it is fresh as the waiter said, there is not much that can go wrong, especially when its grilled with some anis and sesame. After the first bite, i realized that it tasted like gum, difficult to chew, with no particular taste whatsoever. Yet, at that point i was so hungry that i just wanted to eat anything. Of course, here is another surprise, after the second bite, i chew on something very hard, i spat it out and saw a peace of fish scale (for those who don't know, part of skin that is not eatable), it made me sick so i could not finish the meal. I immediately returned the dish and showed the problem to the waiter. Again noone asked if i would like anything else. Also, i forgot to mention, that not even once the waiter poured the wine from the bottle to my glass (i did it two times in front of them). When i asked for the bill, the waiter brought it and charged the full amount. Normally i would never make a problem, but i had to ask him whether the manager really thinks that i should pay the full amount, and was not even offered a replacement or at least a complimentary desert. To my surprising, the duty manager said (in a very impolite way) that there is nothing wrong with the food, and that my opinion of the food is my problem! I paid the bill and left hungry.
I hope this detailed review helps you decide not to go to this place.

1  Thank Djura S