“excellent”

Best Western Hotel San Giusto
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Trieste
Reviewed July 12, 2010

very nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, garage (16€ per night) free internet, nice location very good connected with the most impostant spot in Trieste
i can only suggest this hotel. Thanks to Andrea for help

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2010

I stayed in January for business, really good service, better location.
Strongly recommended

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Bad points:
1) I have booked this hotel via booking.com and upon arrival have been unpleasantly surprised to see the presentation on site has nothing to do with hotel itself, the picture being taken somewhere from downtown
2) We have arrived at the hotel around 9PM, fully exhausted (after 13 hrs continues driving) and hungry, so to find out at the reception that restaurant is not working; even the bar was closed to have a drink to relax. Going outside to find some place to eat wasn't a good idea: -15C temp outside and strong wind plus no knowledge of this place (1st time in Trieste). Thanks we've bought on our way some sandwiches at the gasoline station so it saved us.
3) Very quit rather boring! I've got an impression we were the only persons logged! I've seen nobody going in our out while checking in at the lobby, then spending some 30 min talking on portable
4) Poor TV channels
5) Expensive car parking Euro 16. For what I paid for hotel (E110) they could make it for free!
6) Breakfast: not delighted at all

Good points:
1) Clean
2) Free internet
3) Friendly staff

Conclusion: I've stayed in Best Western Hotel**** in Geneva; I can tell you guys there is an enormous difference between them, although classification wise is 1 star only. That was my mistake - I've been bought by the hotel chane reputation instead of consulting sites like TripAdvisor

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Probably the worst 3* hotel I have stayed in. It is like taking trip back to the 70's in terms of decor and style. The rooms are meant to have been refurbished, but I am not sure by who and when. The room smelt of smoke. We booked a family room and got three single beds. If it wasn't for the fact that it was too late in the day to do anything else my wife was ready to walk out.

The surrounding environment is not inviting compared to central / historic Trieste which is (beautiful, but) more like a good 10 min (hilly) walk than the 5 mins advertised. Also parking is limited so you are pretty much obliged to pay the additional EUR 16 to park on site.

Next time I go to Trieste I will look for a more honest hotel description.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Perfect Garage for car and especially for our bikes!!!

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2008

It was my first trip to Trieste and most hotels seemed dreadfully expensive, therefore with my husband we decided to try this one, which was reasonably priced. It is situated outside the centre (which however is very small) on a steep hill, so if you want to visit the city and come back after a long day of walking around I strongly recommend you use the bus. We had a car, but the streets of Trieste are narrow and congested.
The personnel is OK, but our room was tiny. There was space only for a small double bed, the tiniest desk I have ever seen and a chair. We could hardly move around without bumbing in one of the three pieces of furniture. The wardrobe is in-built in the entrance corridor and the sliding doors did not work well. The bathroom is also tiny. Finally, the room smelled of smoke and we could not leave the window open because we were on the first floor. I saw only another room smaller than this and that was in London, but that hotel was a total dump. This hotel is not a dump, it is OK, but I suspect that for the same price one can find something better even in Trieste.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 25, 2008

The hotel is not bad, the room are not particularly spacious but clean, with a good bed and a freshly refurbished bathroom. The acustic insulation beetween rooms is insufficient, while the onlooking street is quiet.

There is ample garage that can be convenient if you travel by car (but it costs 15€ per night).

Breakfast (continental only) is adequate but most of the ingredients are "industrial food".

Overall judgement: the hotel lacks of charme, is ok if you are a business traveller on a 100€ budget, otherwise is not reccommendable

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)