I was somewhat surprised for the high stars given to this hotel. It really is just an older building in a maze-like setting with small rooms (even though we had the triple rooms) and average services. Its redeeming part was the good buffet-style breakfast with a combination of warm and cold items.
1) The room: our "triple rooms" were truly the size of a small double room anywhere else with three singles crammed (or one king and one single) with very little space otherwise.
2) Location was good, fairly close (but unfortunately not within walking distance: two buses away) from the main tourist attractions in downtown Trieste.
3) Garage: small garage fits maybe about 20 cars and some folks were not able to get their car parked there (despite the 16 Euro/night rate)
4) We called to ask for ice, but was told that the machine was out-of-order.
Compared to the many other Best Westerns we have stayed both in Europe and USA, this particular location did not really seem to deserve the company's logo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A comfortable 3-star hotel in Trieste, the Best Western Hotel San Giusto, recently refurbished, stands close to the castle and is the nearest hotel to the city's Fiera Campionaria exhibition, the Palazzo dello Sport sports centre, the city's horse-racing track and the Nereo Rocco stadium. It has a 40-space car park for the exclusive use of guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel San Giusto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western San Giusto
- Best Western Trieste
- Trieste Best Western