Old style hotel that needs a few “customer service” upgrades. Painting walls just 15 feet outside our door with drop cloths on the floor does not paint (excuse the pun) very good image for the hotel. Customer service … hmmm. I had informed the Concierge that we would be celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary while staying in the hotel and someone decided to put a little anniversary gift in our room … a small box with 2 small cookies in it!! We had paid for a 4 night stay and departed after the 3rd day … just did not feel comfortable in this hotel and will not return. Lastly, parking is non-existent (guests must all be walking to the hotel or arriving by taxi) and, you must pay 30 Euros ($40 US) just to park your car while staying in the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starhotels Savoia Exclesior Palace in the heart of Trieste... A magnificent seafront hotel with views over the Gulf and the historic Castello di Miramare.Completely refurbished, the Savoia Excelsior Palace exudes grand hotel charm through numerous prestigious details. Ornate boiseries...Monogrammed cushions... There's even a Belle epoque-style skylight brightening the Lounge.Enjoy exquisite food and spectacular sea views in our Mitteleuropean restaurant and bar. Our luxury hotel features 144 rooms and glorious suites...9 Elegant meeting rooms, most with natural light, with a total capacity for up to 650 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoia Excelsior Palace – Starhotels Collezione reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Hotel Trieste
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Trieste