Fantastic location, so splurge on a room with the sea view. The rooms are slightly smaller than you might imagine at this price (isn't that always the case?) but the beds are superb. Try for a room on the upper floors as there is considerably less traffic noise and don't listen to them when they tell you "yes, but the floors are double height" - irrelevant ! The further away from the 4 lanes of traffic right outside you are, the better.
The breakfast buffet is very good and varied with something for everyone and proper good coffee made and brought to you by waiters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starhotels Savoia Exclesior Palace in the heart of Trieste... A magnificent seafront hotel with views over the Gulf and the historic Castello di Miramare.Completely refurbished, the Savoia Excelsior Palace exudes grand hotel charm through numerous prestigious details. Ornate boiseries...Monogrammed cushions... There's even a Belle epoque-style skylight brightening the Lounge.Enjoy exquisite food and spectacular sea views in our Mitteleuropean restaurant and bar. Our luxury hotel features 144 rooms and glorious suites...9 Elegant meeting rooms, most with natural light, with a total capacity for up to 650 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Hotel Trieste
- Starhotels Savoia Excelsior Palace Trieste