“Exciting...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Exciting...”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

One of the best restaurant in Trieste.We went for dinner and enjoyed the food.special and fresh fish!The atmosphere is very relaxing,out expectations were fulfilled.Good wine and "spumanti".

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Thomas M

Venice, Italy
“Hospitality and Wonderful Food”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Antica Trattoria Menarosti has been serving up wonderful food in Trieste since 1903. The locale is brightly illuminated and elegantly decorated. White painted tables and chairs match the fresh white table linens and napkins. Pieces of antique rustic furniture also add to the ambience.

I was warmly greeted by a charming woman who showed me to a table and commenced to describe what was good and fresh on the menu. A printed menu was available; however she preferred to make recommendations based on my appetite. As she did this, a complimentary glass of prosecco appeared on my table.

I started my meal with a selection of mixed raw seafood that included raw shrimp; raw sea scallop; and a raw langoustine shrimp, all freshly caught in the sea near Istria. There was also a tuna tartar with the tuna coming from the sea near Lignano. All items were tossed in a light olive oil and lime juice. My waiter delivered two different bottles of specialty olive oils, though the fresh seafood did not require any altering. I followed this with a hot antipasto of Baked Sea Scallops Au Gratin. The hearty portion was served on a piping hot platter and the scallops melted in my mouth.

For my entree I had a customized mixed grill of shrimp and cuttlefish. There were three of each item and all were perfectly grilled. I also had a salad comprised of mixed mesclun greens and beans that was light and fresh.

Service was top-notch with the attentive wait staff nicely dressed in fine restaurant garb. I passed on ordering any dessert, though a waiter brought me a complimentary iced bottle of homemade Limoncello to help myself. Prices were reasonable considering the high quality of seafood I consumed. My above meal, plus a half-liter of house wine and a bottle of water totaled 50 Euros. I was totally pleased with meal and I highly recommend Antica Trattoria Menarosti to the TripAdvisor community.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mirto56
italy
“Excellent place for a fresh fish dinner”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, a bit noisy, always packed, excellent offer of fresh local fish and seafood. Staff super nice and good value for money. We had seafood risotto and wonderful fresh local fish. Appetizers are also various and really good. A place we recommend just a few minutes walk away from the center.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank mikeinre
Vienna, Austria
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

When I asked a real citizen of Trieste to suggest a place for a good dinner, she told me, very passionately, that I should try the Antica Trattoria Menarosti. At the restaurant, the waitress presented us the options of the day and we couldn't honestly be more pleased with her suggestions. Starting with an antipasto misto, we moved to a fish baked to perfection with potatoes and finished with a selection of desserts. If there's something to be said against the restaurant, it is about their tiramisu. Personally, I have had better even in Trieste. But all in all, it's an amazing option and very traditional place.

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank castilhos
Halifax, Canada
“Great fresh fish”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

For us the only draw back to this restaurant was the bright (and I mean bright) lighting. However, the friendly staff, busy neighbourhood feeling and incredible fresh fish soon distracted us. We started with a green salad and shared baked Turbot done in a lovely lemon sauce and served with potatoes roasted with the fish. The fresh fish is whole, priced by weight and then filleted at the table. Wonderful! A nice selection of wines and complimentary limoncello were both welcome. Apple strudel was fresh and a perfect finish.

• Visited September 2013