“Chic, stylish place with good food”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #56 of 881 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Consistenlty the best Reasonable Fish place in Trieste. I have seen it on other sites/books
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were searching for somewhere to eat that was casual and nice . Thankfully we stumbled apon this gem of a restaurant last night .
The terrace was welcoming , by the canal , but the air-conditioned interior beckoned us . A nicely decorated restaurant classy and casual at the same time , professional wait staff who are efficient and friendly. The menu was varied and had interesting dishes on offer.
Being not so hungry we opted for a light meal and chose 3 antipasto dishes with a mixed salad ...My darling had the Mollusci , which were clams and Mussels in a lemony broth ..absolutely delicious . I had the spada or swordfish with a delicious fresh tomato topping , that had a few pink peppercorns in it , that just popped a little excitement into the dish and completed it nicely. We had a mixed salad , simple yet lovely with quality ingredients . To follow we had a crustacean gratinata. Scallops , prawn , scampi , mussel, with a crunchy fine crumb topping grilled , delicious.
We shared a dessert ,a semifreddo , a sweet perfect to complete our meal .
I had a glass of prosecco , which i noted only cost 2.50 ...so i kind of wished id had a few more, because for a house wine it was really good.
I liked the atmosphere of this restaurant , i felt comfortable sitting there, the other customers were elegant yet casual ...it is my kind of place .
They say it gets busy on the weekend and perhaps under stress the service is not so great.... I feel happy we experienced this great place on a Thursday evening, so perhaps avoid weekends might be the way to go with this one.
Our experience was a very good one.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

During a brief visit to Trieste I visited this magical place. Beautiful environment, adequate food (but not exceptional) very nice service. Certainly with gives from the place get the most more, but I was pleased.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A great mix of good food, friendly service and awesome location!
I travel often to Trieste for work and this is my restaurant of choice every time.
Good seafood and meat selection as well as good wine list.

Perfect in cold winter, with the very cozy atmosphere indoor, or in balmy evenings to be spent on the water channel....

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Most importantly for a restaurant in Italy, I went here with two Italian co-workers with local knowledge while in Trieste, so this is not a tourist trap, despite it's excellent location next to Canal Grande.

I had some really good mussels, followed by the squid pasta (Calamaretta).

I recommend this restaurant if you are close by in Trieste.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

so we found this nice and cosy place by chance. being hungry, don't trust the official time the kitchen opens - the cooks need at least 15 minutes more and a coffee to start but if you give them this time they prepare a dinner worth waiting. the service was very nice and the food was very tasty. also the music they played - various bossa remixes was superb!