“Good food when you're hungry”
Review of La Tecia

La Tecia
Ranked #143 of 838 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
“Good food when you're hungry”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fairly standard outdoor street café/restaurant. Food was fair enough but nothing to write home about. Quite pricey for what we had in comparison with other restaurants we've eaten at. Not sure about some of the other reviews about 'authentic Italian kitchen' though... Apart from being a kitchen in Italy there was nothing extraordinary about the food to put it above many another, but we were not dissatisfied. Just don't expect some sort of 'cultural experience'. Service was good though...

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank g12doc

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A lovely after a long day”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We found this restaurant by chance and it was a wonderful gem of a find. It has a quaint feel inside but we opted to sit outside on the pavement under shade. Staff were all unfailingly lovely, helped us translate some bits of the menu where our Italian did not stretch far enough, and the food was delicious. We all tried different dishes, and everything was really good and the portion sizes were reasonable - eg the lasagne was very tasty but did not leave you feeling over full. Would definitely revisit as it was the perfect end to a long day.

• Visited July 2013
Moscow, Russia
“Best tiramisu in Trieste!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We found this nice restaurant with authentic Italian kitchen accidentally walking throught Trieste center. And we where not disappointed because they have everything you want from Italian restaurant: nice atmosphere, good pizza and pasta, and great tiramisu. They have all of this and really nice waitress!

• Visited July 2013
Catania, Italy
“Very good”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Good food, good service and very nice restaurant. We tried the traditional Bolito and it was better than I expected.

• Visited January 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Ignore & then insult your customers at your peril”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went here at the recommendation of our hotel. I made the mistake of not checking out the reviews beforehand as the ranking of this establishment doesn't lie.

We sat on one of the street tables, and it was reasonably busy and got busier. Smokers are not seperated from non smokers.We found that trying to place an order was difficult with those arriving after us getting attended to first - I'm not sure why. We eventually managed to place an order for drinks and a later food order. We were not offered any bread as others were. The waitress was pleasant enough but quite why we got such sloppy service remains a mystery. The main meals arrived which were distinctly average & latterly some bread arrived which we did not touch (wrong order). We did not have any further food. When the bill was presented it contained a cover charge. I questioned this and was told I had to pay. I challenged this with the manager/owner and he confirmed I had to pay. When I stood my ground he relented but then went into a tirrade about service in London being worse. Quite what he was trying to achieve in telling me about service in my home country I do not know. Suggest he gets his own house in order before he talks of others!

• Visited September 2012