“Cancellation Policy ... don't believe 2 days ...”
Review of Villa Luigia

Villa Luigia
Ranked #185 of 630 Hotels in Rimini
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had to cancel my reservation on Wed 11am for a Friday 1pm check-in. When I booked I understood I had 2 days (ie 48 hrs) to cancel. Called Booking .com because I couldn't do it without paying full price. They called the Hotel and was told "to late!"
Actually saw the Hotel, it is in t crummy part of town and looked shabby outside. I wouldn't recommend Rinimin or Hotel Villa Luigi to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Got a very warm welcome here. Location is great, just 2 minutes from beach and main street for shops and restaurants. About a 20 minute walk from the train station. Some building work going on round the outside of the building but we didn't experience any noise. slept really well, shower fine and breakfast really nice including lots of different cakes and pastries and eggs cooked to order. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere all round at this family run place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian1917
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel now 3 times at 2 yearly intervals when visiting the Fiera and each time we have had the best of receptions
The standard on each visit has been excellent, breakfast choice and service beyond reproach nothing is too much trouble we will be back in another 2 years.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very clean, nice and friendly hotel. Located close to the beach and other attractions.Rooms cleaned daily, very good breakfast, the rooms are safe and air conditioning.I am very pleased with the hotel you choose.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SLAWEK77
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went for a short trip to Rimini to get some sun and bathing for three days. Found this hotel on INternet and I must say that for the first time I think the hotel looked better in reality than on the website! Clean rooms with lots of towels (and big ones!), we got beachtowels as well. Every room has got a balcony. A nice area, very close to the beach, some good restaurants in the neghbourhood.

The staff was very kind and helpful, helped us to find buses, good restaurants, a large taxi (we were five persons, from 7 years old to 80).

I would stay at this hotel again if i went to Rimini again. We were there 15th-18 th of September so it was very calm on the beach (a plus I think) and at the restaurants, but not completely empty.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Ulrika K
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed in the Villa Luigi at the end of September. A word of warning Rimini is dead at this time of the year.
A plus point is that one has the beach to oneself.
I found the Luigi to be very clean but basic. The maids cleaned the rooms daily and we were provided with clean towels and sheets.
For the entire duration of our stay we were provided with one sachet of shower gel.
The proprietors seemed to be intent on saving money as the water was cold on many occasions. I had to ring reception twice to get this remedied and on the first occasion I was asked whether I was sure that the water was cold.
The shower is also terrible and the hotel room was freezing. Tv channels are all in Italian.
Also the breakfast was poor.
There was free internet at reception. However, when I asked to check in online and print my boarding card ( I had offered to pay) was told by the young lady owner that there was no way she could do this, that I should go to an internet cafe (6 euros) and that she did not want to assist me in this matter.

Overall I would not return to this hotel and found it to be quite expensive for the services offered.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank summerBremen
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Hotel Villa Luigia is a decent option for those wanting to be close to the beach but not directly in the center of the action. Rimini is overall a bit of a teeny bopper town best for 20 year olds looking for “some action,” so if this is not you, perhaps consider the Tuscan coast instead. The beach, though, is something to see, with over 100,000 beach umbrellas covering nearly ever square of beachfront available. The water was warmer than the Conero Peninsula and you could walk out forever without the water getting past hip level (ideal for those with kids, not so much for those who like deeper water or waves).

The Hotel itself was a decent option. We asked for a very quiet room, and we got exactly that. The bed was extremely hard, and although I like a firm mattress, this one was a bit much. The shower was fine, the breakfast was plentiful and varied (good coffee, meats, breads, fruit, brioche, cakes), and they very kindly brought us a bowl of fruit each night. Air conditioning worked well. No towels were provided for the beach, which was a bit of a disappointment.

The hotel was a short walk to the beach and a longer walk to the main tourist trap restaurant area. Unfortunately, the old town where most of the decent restaurants are was a real hike, and we arrived on a Tuesday, the off day for restaurants in Rimini. Our one main complaint, however, was the internet access. The hotel claims to offer free internet and wireless, but this does not mean free wireless. There is a free 10 year old computer you can use in the lobby, but if you want wireless, it was through tim.it and cost something exorbitant by the hour, and like 40 euros a week. The options per day were not appealing – I believe it was 13 euros a day. We complained to the staff, and they grudgingly gave us a password to access the wireless for free during our stay.

When you take the bus from the station, just keep an eye out for bus stop #14. The stop numbers are clearly visible along the route, so have no fear. Overall, it was a reasonably priced option in an overpriced tourist trap of a town, but if you’re looking for the bright lights on the beach, you’ll find it here.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank theoperadiva