“Great Location with great Service, but a little dated.”
Review of Hotel Polo

Hotel Polo
Ranked #130 of 628 Hotels in Rimini
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff by far were the best part about this hotel. They were friendly and helpful anytime you needed them. The beds were comfortable, but the room was a little small. We did have a balcony that over looked the main street and that was great for early evening drinks. The breakfast spread was great, everything you could want. Overall the hotel was a little dated, but I think a lot of Rimini is dated maybe that is the charm of it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjackson33
There are newer reviews for Hotel Polo

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed for three nights. Room while not huge was more than adequate. Well appointed, bed was extremely comfy with a choice of pillows. Shower was fab. Staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast had a great amount of choice, in fact kept me going until a late lunch very easily. I paid less than 150 euros for three nights B&B, and felt I got really good value. If I came back to Rimini I would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank KerryGibson
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed in Hotel Polo for 10 nights last summer.
The hotel and room were excellent!!
The hotel is in very good location for the beach and near the historical town.
Staff at the hotel were wonderful, very friendly and helpful!! I hed a “Majestic room” with plasma, Comfortable King beds, Sky, safe, free wireless!!!
The buffet breakfast included all we need!!! (sausages and bacon, cereal, toast and bread with a selection of cheeses and meats).
I booked Bed&Beach service -
Bad and breakfast (from 7 till 12) plus place on the private beach (1 umbrella and 2 sun beds). Every day You can take new beach towels!!
Free Parking!!!
Very good price in July!!
I was there with me wife and children. Children under 3 years stay for free!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank AdamS79_05
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here.Staff very friendly and helpfull,breakfast good,rooms adequate and very clean.Nothing negative.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank graham4567
Reviewed September 4, 2010

The hotel is located very close to the beach, not far from other attractions, like the Delfinario. Rooms are very nicely furbished, the bed is very comfortable. Free wireless, LCD TV, minibar. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are cleaned and towels are changed daily. The buffet breakfast is copious and varied. In all, we've spent an excellent time at the hotel. The only minus: the website advertises deckchairs as part of the services offered by the hotel on the beach in front of it, but in fact this is a separate business (deckchairs are not included in the price of the room), and rental of deckchairs and umbrella is quite expensive (prices depend on the distance from the sea; we paid 40 Eur for 2 deckchairs and an umbrella in a mid-range location for 3 days).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hypathia_1
HotelPolo, Direttore vendite at Hotel Polo, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Dear Guest,
I thank your for the beautiful description of Hotel Polo. Your experience,and that of our other guests, shared on Tripadvisor are very important because they indicate the complete satisfaction of our guests.

I would like to clear up any misunderstanding about beach service ( umbrella and deck chairs). Our website doesn't publicize free beach service. We do have, however, the "Bed and Beach" package which can be booked exclusively on our website and the price includes hotel and beach services. This is our most popular package offer beacause it's also our most convenient. If a guest should book beach services directly at the beach the price is much higher than that of our combined package on line. For your next stay at Hotel Polo I suggest you book your vacation on our website . You will always find the best booking conditions our hotel has to offer.
I hope to have you as our guest soon, Best Regards.

Cristian Brocculi
Reservation Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Hotel Polo has proved just what we had hoped for and more. With an unbeatable location (although not in the first line or on the beach) it was also very cozy and comfortable. The room was large compared to others in the hotel with a double bed and two bunk beds. Bathroom modern and clean. I especially liked the bar downstairs with a terrace from where one could watch the football games in a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff was very nice and helpful.
The only minus would be the breakfast which was repetitive to the point that after 7 days you could not longer eat the same kinds of cheese and ham. And I do not mean it generically. Every day were the exact brands of cheese , ham and salami. One of each. Is there only one type of ham in Rimini and one of salami? The sweets section was somewhat better. Good pies, cakes, croissants, fruits.
All in all, a very pleasant vacation. Would recommend this hotel with all my heart.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnaBucharest
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Stayed with a friend at this hotel for 11 nights. Our goal was to travel via railroad allover Italy while spending time at the beach in between.
Hotel is located on the third line (there are 2 rows of other hotels in front of it). To reach the beach you have to cross 3 small roads. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the beach. Each hotel has it's own beach with umbrellas and deckchairs (which you have to pay for).
I would say this hotel is more for business than for leisure, but that's what I liked about it the most.
I liked:
- room is nice, bathroom too
- not much space in the room but it didn't bother us much
- there are 3 types of pillows you can use and ask for almost any type of pillow (if you're allergic this is a big plus for you)
- beds are very comfortable.
- free wi-fi internet throughout the hotel. It also has a desktop at the lobby where you can surf the internet all you want and there's even a printer you can use to print stuff, also free.

Didn't like:
- Biggest problem of this hotel - there is big stairs (15 or 20 steps) in front of it so the only way to get inside the hotel is via those stairs. So if you have problems with stairs, think twice.
- Also, couple of the employees need a class on good manners. It is very annoying when while you talk to the receptionist you get a feeling she so hates your guts you just want to run from there.
- Another thing. There's not enough food during breakfast for all guests, so sometimes you have to wait for the eggs, or cheese, or ham before it's brought again.
- The rooms are noisy and not soundproof at all. I mean, with windows closed, we heard people laughing on the street.
- During the night the air conditioner switches temperature on its own and drops down to 15C, every night. So we frequently woke up freezing to turn it off.

But overall, I'm very happy with our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Elena Z
HotelPolo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Polo, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Dear Mrs. Elenazam,
Thanks for commenting your stay at Hotel Polo, which overall seems positive. You've expressed some concerns that I wish to clear up.

- Hotel Polo is situated on Viale Vespucci in Marina Centro, the most popular and elegant area of the city. The beach is only 50 mt. away, and the beach services aren't included in the standard bed and breakfast rate. I suggest you take into consideration our Bed and Beach offer online, which includes hotel and beach services.
- Hotel Polo has 10 steps on the main entrance ( not 15 or 20) and they aren't different than any other stairs and don't need any special physical strength. However, I respect your opinion.
- The objection you made about our staff saddens me the most. Our staff has always been the main attraction fo our guests, as you can see from the other comments on Tripadvisr.I hope the day you refer to was simply a bad day and I'm sure the next time you will be surprised at the manners of our staff.
- Breakfast is served from 7 til 12.00. It's more a brunch than a simple breakfast. We have a wide variety of dishes on our buffet which are constantly refilled by our staff. Of course some foods, such as scrambled eggs and bacon, are prepared at the moment the client requests them so that they are always warm. This way we garantee the freshest products.
- All of our ooms are soundproof but I agree with you that some could use a better soundproofing.
- Every room has a centralized air condition system that each client can regulate directly from the room. The temperature in the room doesn't change automaticaly, it respects the desired temeprature of the thermosat in the room which the client regulates indipendently.

I hope to have you as our guest again, best regards,

Cristian Brocculi