“Why am I reviewing Al Teatro - it has all been said before”
Review of B&B Al Teatro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ravenna
B&B Al Teatro
Ranked #31 of 136 Ravenna B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Sally and I stayed one week. Al Teatro B & B and especially Daniella were tops of our experiences in a 3 weeks holiday in Emilia Romagna. Past reviews have said it all, elegant, friendly, professional, calm, beautiful rooms, immaculate presentation, excellent bed, great location [with nearby parking at reasonable rates] etc etc. We confirm the lot. Thanks Daniella, you made our stay perfect and we are planning a return already.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniela M, Proprietario at B&B Al Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Ciao D. & S.,
Thank you so much for the very pleasant days we spent together. After you have been here we started to dream again New Zealand :)
Grazie!
Daniela

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I can't add much to the reviews already posted, but I would like to reiterate the friendliness and helpfulness of the proprietor Daniela, the elegance and calm atmosphere of the house and the rooms and the comfort of the beds, as well as the quality and freshness of the breakfast; we particularly recommend the torta della nonna. If you are driving, it's vital to follow Daniela's instructions exactly and advisable to work the route out in advance on a map, as Ravenna has a complicated one-way system and our satnav didn't seem to be aware of the central traffic-free area. The nearest free parking was (if I remember rightly) full and would have been quite a way to transport a suitcase, but we were able to park in the Largo Firenze car park immediately behind the B&B. We were lucky because the next day was a holiday and so parking there was free. There is also an inexpensive car park at the Basilica of San Vitale.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in (Rossini) is at the front. The windows are triple-glazed, so when they were cl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ethan H

Dear E.,
Thank you very much for your review.
About parking there is a very good news. Now there is the possibility to park the car right outside of the B&B, in Largo Firenze, with only Euros 2,00 for seven days.
Thank you again and best regards. Daniela

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was so comforted to experience this B and B. It was clean and elegant. The compassionate owner Daniella, spoke English beautifully amidst the atmosphere of Italy. Her attention to detail in the decor of the cottage was inspiring. Travelling as a single woman she went out of her way to help me with my needs and directions on where I wanted to explore.
It was on the bus route on #70 which took me a few times to the healing waters of Terme Punta Marina...as well as the Adriatic Sea.
Dante's tomb shared the backlane with this location....Only a few blocks was the Duomo....I loved it.
I posted some photos on Facebook and my friends in Canada were so impressed I am sure they will visit when they visit Ravenna.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Daniela M, Proprietario at B&B Al Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear K., thank you very much for your appreciation and for the pictures. I adore the one with the candles! Greetings from me, Elena and Betta

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our two-night stay at B&B Al Teatro was a genuine treat. Our room, "Rossini", was spacious, light, elegantly furnished, and impeccably clean. The bathroom is large and contains a comfortably-sized shower, something we really appreciate in Italy. The building is a 17th-century palazzo, and besides the bedrooms, contains a large and attractive lounge and library and other noble rooms for guest use, with lots of art-work displayed. Breakfasts were excellent, with cold meats, cheeses, a selection of breads and pastries, cereals, fresh fruit and fresh-squeezed orange juice, yogurt, and even eggs if we'd wanted them. The location is central, with the major monuments within easy walking distance. There are two other guest rooms, one of which we saw. It looked as delightful as ours. All this said, we most enjoyed meeting Daniela, the owner and host. She is, indeed, a treasure: gracious, warm and welcoming, generous, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her city, and a great resource to make a visit to Ravenna meaningful. We would love to come back to Al Teatro, and certainly will recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, for the beautiful book and for the bookmarks of Bryce Canyon. The members of my book club enjoyed them. Finally thanks for your articles: it's always a pleasure to find a letter in the mailbox! I hope your travels in Italy will bring you again to Ravenna. Daniela

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed in Ravenna for 8 wonderful days during the Mosaico Festival in October. Al Teatro is the best B & B we have ever stayed in anywhere. Daniela was delightful, the room large, comfortable and spotless. (We stayed in the Vivaldi rooom.) Our breakfasts were delicious with a wide range of fresh food and we enjoyed many lively conversations. An modern lift is available - a rare luxury in B & Bs! A tea and coffee room is also available to guests, as is a comfortable living room with books and tourist information.

The location is ideal as everything we wanted to see was in easy walking distance. The train station was only 500 meters away and the bus stop just a 5 minute walk. Daniela was the most delightful hostess. Having read other reviews, and based on our experience, I have to wonder how many people arrive as guests and leave as friends. She recommended a range of delightful places to eat and assisted with any questions concerning the local area. Very highly recommended and good value for money.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs, just ask Daniela to recommend a room. She is extremely helpful.

Dear H. and G.,
Only three words: I miss you!
You are two persons who bring joy and energy to the others.
Daniela

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have traveled all over the northern hemisphere and never written a review before, but Al Teatro is such a treasure that we felt we had to share our wonderful experience there. We recently spent 3 days in Ravenna viewing the magnificent mosaics of late antiquity and the early Middle Ages. Our room at Al Teatro, the Vivaldi, was spacious, filled with light, and very comfortable. The closet and shelf space were vast, and the bathroom a marble wonder. Did I say we had a small balcony? The breakfasts were healthy, tasty, and hardy: fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, eggs, pastries, breads, smoked meats, yogurt, etc. The common rooms were comfortable, filled with books, very pleasant. The B&B itself is located only a brief walk from everywhere. Ah, but I have saved the best for last. Daniela, our inn keeper, has to be the most gracious, hospitable, charming, and intellectually stimulating host, as well as the warmest, we have ever had the good fortune to encounter. She even met us personally at the train station to drive us to her place. She told us that her goal was to create a space where she herself would want to stay. I must say she has shown excellent taste and a well tuned sense of comfort. We fell in love with her, with the mosaics, and with Ravenna and hope to return in the near future.

1  Thank PPCN

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and thanks for the time you have dedicated to me to register you for the first time in Tripadvisor.
Some months have passed since you were in Italy but I still remember our conversation during breakfast. Through the stories of my guests I make myself an idea of ​​how the world works out of Italy. For me it is a way of traveling while staying at home. Thank you again! Daniela

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We enjoyed our too brief stay (only two nights) at this lovely B&B. We stayed in the cottage (a separate set of rooms), which is very spacious. The bedroom was itself very large and the bed very comfortable. The room was quiet and we slept very well there. The breakfast is very good.

Daniela is very helpful. Not only did she recommend (and make reservations for us at) two very good restaurants, she let us know on the night before our departure day that a transportation strike would take place the next morning - affecting "local" trains during some hours of the morning - and helped arrange an early morning taxi pick-up so that we could take a very early train to Bologna where we could make our connection to a high speed train.

We recommend this B&B very highly.

1  Thank Robert H
Daniela M, Proprietario at B&B Al Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear B., thank you very much for your great review, I really appreciate it and I'm really glad that you were able to reach Florence without loosing half a day at the train station. Ciao e grazie! Daniela