“Very nice rustic place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ca' de Ven

Ca' de Ven
Ranked #18 of 614 Restaurants in Ravenna
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Munich, Germany
“Very nice rustic place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and typical. Service was nice. The place is big and if full could be loud, but as I went, it was fine. Launch was generous and good. I liked it :-)

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GemmaViva

• Czech first
  • Greek first
East Sussex
“Very Italian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had dinner here, and were initially slightly puzzled because it has the look of a wine bar from outside, and the only immediately visible menu was all seafood, but once inside you discover that the restaurant extends way back from the street. At the heart of the room is a very long table where couples, single diners and groups can all sit together, as well as smaller tables. The menu is actually extensive, and for us the stand out dish was a sliced steak, cooked to perfection.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Norman E
northumberland
“Lovely Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant. Food is excellent, atmosphere lovely. Lots of choice on menu and prices were very reasonable. Would return.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Traveller1261
Melbourne, Australia
“great food, large portions, good atmosphere, fair prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had two large courses each (salad with prosciutto and sausage and potatoes for me, salad with bacon and taglatelle for my wife), plus water, coffee, and a bottle of local wine, for about 50 euros. Excellent service, good atmosphere, very enjoyable experience overall.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Michael V
Fayence, France
“Teach me Sangiovese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thanks to Fabio, our excellent concierge at the Bisanzo, we booked lunch at Ca' de Ven. Other than wanting a good meal, I needed help in learning about Sangiovese di Romagna and he urged us to book at Ca' de Ven. My interest in Sangiovese di Romagna began several years ago but I had not been in a venue where I could learn and taste. Soon after we sat down the owner, a lady, introduced herself and I explained that I was a student in search of a teacher. "I am Rita and I will help you." Nicola our waiter took our orders: pisatelli (fresh clams and courgettes) and ravioli filled with old cheese and a light meat sauce. While we waited we had a glass of light Albana di Romagna that woke up our taste buds. Our meals arrived with the first glass of Sangiovese a 'Reserva 2009' followed by a parade of four more Sangiovese. Each was distinctly different. Although the restaurant had filled up Rita came over after each glass was poured and explained to me how the wine was made, what tastes to identify, where and when the finish began and why it lingered. A table of Italians across the room watched me, smiled and nodded encouragement. Perhaps they understood I was having my "Zorba teach me to dance," moment. I kept jotting notes, swirling, smelling, and learning. Rita and I talked about other wines, I gave her some addresses in France, and we talked recipes and cooking, and where the wine industry is going in Emilia Romagna. Why would we want to return? An excellent selection of regional wines proposed by a competent staff who are willing to teach and share their knowledge. Our meals were solid trattoria fare: fresh ingredients, nothing pretentious, full of flavour and good value. Why go? Because you can learn a lot, it's fun, and it tastes great.

• Visited May 2013