“My last Night in Ravenna I Ate Here”
Review of Ca' de Ven

Ca' de Ven
Ranked #21 of 642 Restaurants in Ravenna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Venice, FL
“My last Night in Ravenna I Ate Here”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The building housing this restaurant is very old and very interesting but I didn't like sitting with other people and not have my own table. The pasta dish was tasty but I prefer a smaller venue and my own table. Many locals were there for dinner but it also had a mix of tourists, too. In hindsight I wish the place I wanted to go had been open.

Visited August 2012

• Czech first
  • Greek first
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“A pleasant lunch”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As the title says, we had a pleasant lunch in this very interesting building which has had many uses since it was originally constructed in 1542.
Contrary to Mario's review below, we found both the food, wine and service to be more than acceptable and a number of the clientele appeared to be locals rather than tourists.
Try a 'piadina' or flatbread with your meal.

• Visited August 2012
Ravenna, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical Food from Romagna, top quality for a fair price”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The title says it all. This restaurant serves typical food from Romagna, and offers top quality for a fair price.

I recommend trying piadina if you haven't, and castrato (mutton) for main. My favourite red wine is Palpedrigo, not sure if they have it anymore, but if they don't ask the staff for a recommendation, and you won't be disappointed!

“Nice atmosphere, good for local food”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

It is a very nice venue with charm and a very good local wine selection. The selection and quality of local dishes is very good though my tagliata was a disappointment. Definitely worth a visit for lunch or a low key dinner at a fair price.

Milan, Italy
“Very Professional Staff”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

If are around Ravenna area do not miss the place, you can have a taste of the real local cucine at very good price, restaurant has also wide spaces with communal tables to facilitate socialization, piadina is very good and they have a wide selection of local wine with excellent quality/price ratio. I had a little incindent with my main course, lamb chop with roast potatoes, potatoes were inedible and the lamb chops were close to sheep chops but after my claim they cancel it from my bill.

• Visited July 2012