“Excellent Location, stunning palazzo simply awesome!”
Review of M club De Luxe B&B

M club De Luxe B&B
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ravenna
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I don't have enough words to praise this deluxe B&B. The rooms are beautifully designed as is the rest of this historic palazzo - absolutely stunning.
Michael is the perfect host and has gone the extra mile to make me feel at home.
I loved the morning breakfast room and enjoyed the variety of food on offer, coffee and cappuccino are as good as you can expect from any Italian bar.
I'm more than happy to recommend this to anyone I know and will definitely return with my better half. I'm sure she'll make lots of time to go through the varied selection of engaging magazines.
I had the perfect stay. Well done!

Room Tip: I stayed in the white room and my collegue in the red room and were both stunning as I'm sure th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrizio7

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautifully remodeled and perfectly located for walking in old town of Ravenna. Close to all World Heritage sites. Excellent breakfasts and accommodating hosts. White Room was one of the nicest rooms ever.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This home from home is beautifully and tastefully decorated and has everything you might need: free wireless internet, great location (5 minutes walk to the tourist info office and the great mosaics) and what's more it is very clean, central and yet peaceful. I will definitely return to this property if ever I come back to Ravenna. It is just like something out of Elle Deco but without the Elle Deco price tag. The room I had was the Silver Room (Argento) and it was quiet and overlooked the garden. The bathroom was big and had a bathtub and there was lots of hot water. The breakfast was good - cereal, yoghurts, croissants, bread, nutella, jam, butter, juices and water, plus ham and cheese. Capuccino is made to order. The recommendation for a good place for aperitivo was spot on Ca da Ven - very atmospheric without being boisterous. It is about 15 minutes walk through the town to the station. There are lots of shops along the way.

Room Tip: Argento is quiet and looks over the garden. It has a big separate bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank london_travellers200
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit Ravenna in July 2012 and I still can taste the piadina. M Club De Luxe is a first class yet quaint B&B right on the gate going into the central part of the old town. The place is kept in immaculate condition by the inkeeper, Michael. Michael is kind, helpful and knowledgeable on all things related to Ravenna and the surrounding areas. The thing that stands out the most to me about my stay in M Club is the room decor and ideal location. I highly recommend this place and we will certainly be coming back to stay when we visit Ravenna again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VinceGranado
Reviewed January 30, 2013

After reading some of the earlier reviews of M club De Luxe I have to say that if you are looking for an American style bed and breakfast with a gregarious host and communal seating at the breakfast table then M club De Luxe is not for you. However, if you are looking for a beautifully restored boutique hotel in the centre of Ravenna then you have found the perfect place to stay in this historic city. My husband and I loved M club De Luxe. Not only is this hotel wonderfully appointed but its location is hard to beat. Located on the Piazza Francesco Baracca just inside one of the gates leading into the historical centre of Ravenna it is within a short walk of numerous cafes and restaurants as well as most of the major sites and, as an added bonus, they have a small private and reasonably priced secured car park. We found the breakfast to be generous and varied, the made to order coffee excellent and our room ( the Green Room) to be large, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Our friends stayed next door in the Silver Room and although it was not quite as large as the Green Room it was just as beautifully decorated and comfortable. The owner/host, Michael, may not be as outgoing as some people might expect from a host in a bed and breakfast. However, although he was a little formal we found him to be both friendly and helpful and very professional. He was more than willing to provide us with information about Ravenna and to spend time with us discussing the history of M club De Luxe ( which was originally a family home) and the renovations undertaken by him and his parents to turn the family home into an exquisite boutique hotel. We highly recommend the M club De Luxe and would definitely stay there again if we return to Ravenna.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Siwa08
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This lovely little B&B is close to the Porta Adriana gate to Ravenna, just off the pedestrianized street that runs nearly to the Piazza del Populo. It is very close to many of the main attractions in Ravenna, such as San Vitale and the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia. In fact, you can walk to anything in Ravenna, it's not that large a city.
The B&B has lots of character, each room is different (we took three of them) and very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style but replenished as soon as anyone took anything. It was delicious. Michael the owner was helpful and the rest of the staff were friendly as well.
Bringing luggage up was a bit of nuisance as the elevator is very slow and not really for use by guests. We only had to bring it up to the first landing where the elevator is, Michael brought it in the elevator for us.
Michael can't be in reception all the time, so there is a security pad at the door so you can get back in off-hours. It really felt like being in your own place.
One of our friends had a car, and Michael let him park in the private parking area adjacent to the hotel. We were very pleased about this.
There was a very nice restaurant nearby in country bistro style, and we were given recommendations to others as well.

I highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: Look at the pictures, as each room has its own decor. I particularly liked the room we stayed in, t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelerJudy
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Perfect place to stay in this most wonderfully surprising Italian town! Michael has done a great job on developing this family property. Large and charming accomodations with an adequate breakfast (good, fresh coffee!). Michael and his staff were polite and informative, but never obtrusive. Hope to return someday. Loved Ravenna and M club. Thanks

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple