“One night in nice location”

and 1 more site!
Blue Marlin Village
Ranked #41 of 59 Specialty Lodging in Ravenna
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nice appartment: two levels, 2 rooms, little front garden, near to restaurants and shop, 200m to the sand beach

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefano P
bluemarlin_residence, Front Office Manager at Blue Marlin Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We went to italy in august and we did book an holiday at blue marlin in ravenna.
We loved our time there.

We had a big bungalow with BBQ and pool view, with dvd for my littler bothers and the beach very close.

the pool was very big and free entrance and free sun beds.

In the morning I enjoyed to play tennis with my dad in the tennis court inside the property and after that relaxing muscles in the hot tub.

Surroins are even interesting if you like art there are the ravenna's roman empire churches or you like entteirteinment parks there is Mirabilandia park very close and blue marlin give you the tickets with discount.

groceru stores are walk distance as the centre of the little town lido adriano.

we want to go back even this year.

Room Tip: take the VIP apartments, they are better and full of equipments with gazebo, barbecue, dvd and micro...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank liene k

Thank you so much we'are happy you enjoy Blue Marlin Village, come to see us soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Beautiful vacation in Italy!.

We spent 1 week at Blu Marlin Hotel in a big apartments in 6 friends. Very cheap prices and good swimming pools and beach..

Room Tip: Book the room with air conditoned and bed linen included, i think they call Superior. You can hav...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank laasma k
bluemarlin_residence, Public Relations Manager at Blue Marlin Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your review.

See you soon!

Alberto

Reviewed January 5, 2012

we spent for the first time a vacation in italy (usually we go in greece (corfu).

i need to admit i did spent a very low budget in blue marlin for a big apartment, 2 pools and.beach services included in high season

my family was happy to visit mirabilandia park.

the beach is included

the staff is very friendly andbprofessional speaks english fluently and help us a lot to suggest what to see around the hotel and in particulary Massimo did a lot for us when one of our children get sick with fever in the night helping us to provide a doctor immediately and he takes my wife and.the children there with his car. really kind.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you so much for the nice description of our philosophy.
We try to be the cheapest home holidays solution in Italy but with a good service and quality

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

very good value for money hotel.
The hotel provide free wifi ,pool and beach access and is very quiet.

Room Tip: pay attention dont arrive after evening beacuase we found the reception closed
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kisa2100
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Honestly, I can say that I met the most arrogant, and rude receptionist ever!

Our Flight to Bologna Delayed and so we had to check-in later than expected, I called the hotel to inform them that we would be late. We arrived at the Blue marlin Village (Lido Adriano) *which is not served by the best public transport* in the world at 8.30 pm. We were greeted in the most unfriendly, and arrogant behaviour I have ever experienced by a Receptionist! after nearly 9 hours of travelling, his behaviour was the last thing that I wanted.

The Receptionist was angry because we arrived late, altough check in was availble till 9pm according to booking.com. I kept arguing with the receptionist that check-in should be still available since it's was clearly written on my booking form which fortunately I printed and took it with me. At a certain point, he also started shouting and doing gestures with his hands, things started to escalate pretty quickly. He also got angry because we didn't pre-order the linen, which on booking.com was not mentioned that we needed to order it beforehand so we assumed that we could order it upon our arrival, after he started shouting once again he just got us our linen, but didn't provide us with an airconditioned room. Well, as you can imagine, it was a very bad check-in and I was on the verge of either leaving the hotel or calling the police but it was very late and we were tired, so we just wanted to sleep and get it over.

On the other hand, the Village is very nice, with simple and clean apartments and nice landscaping. The pool is also nice which also has a jacuzzi which can be used against payment.

Travelling to and from this Village for other sights it's a nightmare, the village is only served by a bus to the center of ravenna which is not very frequent (every 30 mins!) and not very reliable, to the center of ravenna it takes roughly 30 mins. To Mirabilandia you'll have to catch two busses, and the bus to mirabilandia from the station is like every hour or more, so we ended up taking a taxi, for all other sights this hotel is out of the way, so forget about rimini, riccione or san Marino, except if you're ready to spend loads of Euro on taxis which we did!!

If you look at all my other reviews I always praised all hotels and staff, I never had any problem whatsoever, and I am a very easy going person, but unfortunately I had a very terrible experience with the Blue Marlin and I wouldn't go back there not even If I'm payed to do so.

Room Tip: Upon placing booking, with booking.com make sure to send an email to the hotel to specify if you'...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Franklyn25
bluemarlin_residence, Proprietario at Blue Marlin Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Hello, I'm very sorry about your experience at check in.
I think both of you was tired (you and the receptionist) even if my emplyer should be kind and patient even in those situations.

Im pretty sure if you did check in in normal office time neither of those problems could happens.

We are an Home holyday structure and not an hotel so its very hard for us give to you a good service in the night because after 19 pm we dont have employers to provide bed linen or air conditioned.

maybe the description on booking.com should witten in a clearest way to avoid this misunderstanding

Its something we will take care immediately.

About the logistic of bus, taxi or train you cant complain our structure.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We spent 7 nice days in Blue Marlin Village and I can truly recommend it . The apartment village is nice with trees and different plants. The swimming pool is big, nice and clean, quality of water is checked several times a day . You have available tennis court and table tennis. Wifi in public areas , but in the evening we had it in our garden. The apartment ( we had one for 4-6 people) is clean, spacious, kitchen appliances are new, as well as the most of utensils .We liked that rooms have basic furniture only, as we do not like to be surrounded with unnecessary staff when on leave. There is no any kind of bar in the village, but we liked that fact as it makes village very peaceful. The aim of our visit was Mirabilandia and Italia in Miniatura, so we did not spend a much of time in Lido Adriano . Sand beach is about, say ,5-7 minutes walk. Staff is kind, and with our English and Italian ( good as their English:))) we could understand each other well and we got all information and advises that we needed, so we could visit some interesting places from Ravenna to San Marino.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family