“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Ravenna
Krk Island, Croatia
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Obviously a hotel got an air conditionong because all the review mention its lack. Now they have it It is a good value for money, nothing spectacular but the people in front desk are nice and helpful, hotel is near the center and like maybe 100 m from railway station. Breakfast is a bit pre packed stuff but quite a lot of them

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saitama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Though I wasn't carrying heavy load, I chose this hotel immediately after I got out of the railway station in the intense heat. I got there rather too early, so I put my small backpack behind the front desk as I was told. When I got back, my luggage was not in my room, and I seemed to be deeply in trouble. But as it turned out, a house cleaning lady mistakenly carried my bag into another room, that was a simple error, and I got it back all right. Another setback was that the room wasn't equipped with air-conditioning. Initially I was a bit worried whether I could get a sleep, but once I opened the window, cool night breeze was there and I fell asleep.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This hotel is in the less attractive part of Ravenna - near the train station - but it's proximity to the station is a relief when you are travelling with heavy luggage in hot weather. I have stayed here twice - once alone and then with my husband - and found it to be good value for money and have no complaints whatsoever. It was very clean, very quiet and only a short walk away from the centre of town. The proprietors are helpful and polite and the breakfast was perfectly adequate with a choice of savoury and sweet foods. Our room was air-conditioned and very comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Graton, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Being literally across the street from the Ravenna train station was extremely handy for us, particularly while lugging cases in the rain, the prices were fair and the staff were very friendly and quite patient with my terrible Italian. The hotel was not fancy, but clean and quiet and perfectly good for a night's stay or two; the room was warm, the shower was hot, and I slept pretty well. We were worried about possible train noise, but we never heard a thing. The self-serve breakfast was a bit on the pre-packaged side, but even though it was a pushbutton coffee machine it ground whole beans to order and made a surprisingly good espresso. They also allowed us to leave six suitcases in their tiny lobby while we were out sightseeing, because there was no Left Luggage facility at the little train station (we were departing just after 5) and they wouldn't hear of us hauling all that junk around in the poor weather.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MojoLad
JAX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

This hotel has only one virtue - proximity to the station. Otherwise, avoid it. It is about a ten minute walk to the main historical district.

The rooms are cramped and hot water took almost ten minutes of running the faucets before it made it to our room (it was November and I guess there were too few guests to keep the water circulating). Breakfast was a farce - the only thing fresh was the coffee. Everything else came out of plastic packaging. Despite being five minutes walk from a large supermarket there was no fresh bread - just packaged junk.

Don';t stay here. It is very poor value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank xrebis3

Travelers are raving about these Ravenna hotels

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

This hotel is next to train station. The hotel does not have air conditioning. We had to keep the windows open at night and found it hard to sleep due to the street noise.

Although we had a no smoking room, there was a very strong smell on smoke. When we complained the lady at the front desk said 'Oh, we allow alittle smoking".
Breakfast very skimpy. Packaged bread and jelly.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank edgarc