“They said it was the best and it was!”

Pizzeria L'isola Del Gusto
Ranked #21 of 785 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a lot of good long meals in Italy and had a busy day walking all over the city of Parma. We decided we didn’t want a full multi course meal so decided to try the pizza here based on the reviews. They were so right!

With a nice bottle of red wine from Sicily, I had the Etna pizza and my wife had one with eggplant, zucchini and cheese. Wow! They were both amazing!

The Etna was a double layer pizza with egg and all kinds of meats and cheeses. I ate slightly over half and was amazed at how good it was.

The slightly vegetarian one my wife had was amazing as well. Overall we decided that this might have been the best meal in Italy!

The place was hopping by 9 PM and most were locals, so it is well appreciated by the locals as well.

I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Very nice service. They allowed me to take a seat even though all tables were booked, squeezing me in between guests. Very friendly too. Food was not so great - don’t know why previous reviewers recommended the fish. I wish I had just taken a pizza (like everyone else around me - probably my score would have been much higher if I had!). Mixed fried fish dish was crispy and seemed fresh, but tasted more of oil and salt and batter than of fish. Decent value overall, but not great.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Good food at good prices. And a very friendly service. We were a family of four, with a wild two years old, and we felt welcome.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 24, 2018

We only wanted a light supper and chose one pizza with rocket,mozzarella,ham and parmesan to share.
It was light and crisp with a generous topping.
The owners were very friendly and the setting light,airy and family oriented.Good value.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a true hidden gem! Everything was outstanding, we had seafood which all were so fresh and gougeosly cooked as well as the very friendly and attentive service and great wine recommendation! Can nothing but highly recommend this small restaurant to anyone that enjoys seafood and a nice ambience. Thanks for making last night on our Parma visit great! If returning to Parma we will be back!

Date of visit: July 2017