“On my last visit to Parma I couldn’t get a table....this time I ate there 3 times!!!!”

Borgo 20 Bistrot Contemporaneo
Ranked #36 of 737 Restaurants in Parma
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2018

We stayed at PIO B&B. I stayed there about a year ago and Borgo 20 is immediately below in the same building. :ast year I tried in vein t get a table but to no avail. This year my wife and I arrived in Parma around 2.00om and were able to arrange for a table/late lunch. The risotto and pasta were fabulous and the service exceptional. We stopped by later in the night and Simone and Gigi remembered us being there earlier in the day and we had a “nightcap”. The next day we were out exploring all Parma has to offer and decided to have lunch again at Borgo 20.Again a. Great experience..the seafood pasta was exceptional. Then in the late afternoon the rain arrived so we decided to have dinner somewhere close by...Borgo 20!
I had the maiale (pork) and it was sensational.
So great food, good wine list, good value AND importantly fantastic service particularly Simone and Gigi...they really made us feel at home and special.
We will return.

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Borgo 20 make their pizza by letting their dough rise over three days. The delicous result was soft and crispy at the same time.

Also had some great risotto and pasta. Make sure to book though!

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

On our way back to Manchester from Umbria, we decided to visit Parma. Having been misguidedly led through the pedestrian zone by the GPS- we needed sustenance !
After a recce, this looked the most interesting and despite being full we had two seats at the bar where we could ‘people watch!’
The specialty is a extremely light pizza base of their own invention! It was delicious - in our time living in Italy we’ve tasted a lot of Pizza - from crispy Neapolitan type pizzas to softer Sicilian Focaccia: this is different again with a salsiccia and zucca topping. Mmm.
The staff were delightfully chatty and the bill was less than I expected in a cool bistro!
I’d recommend it to everybody!

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for lunch in Parma on a sunny day. Not too difficult you might think, there are a lot, A LOT, of restaurants, but it was getting to the end of lunch.
We came across Borgo 20 on (unsurprisingly) Borgo XX Marzo. The super helpful waiter was very apologetic that it was too late for pizza, but we didn't want a pizza!
He recommended a seafood pasta with garganelli pasta with fish and a nice white
wine by the glass. This was delicious!
We sat at an outside table (it's a skinny road so there aren't many) which was very nice on a warm sunny day, even in March!
We enjoyed some nice parmegiano and a glass of dessert wine to follow and a cafe to finish. A lovely break in the middle of the day before we continued a nice wander! Recommended.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We have chosen this restaurant because they serve the famous Parma ham hanging on a miniature clothesline set up on a wooden plate. Moreover, they serve many mouthwatering daily specials not listed on the menu. Definitely, worth trying one of those dishes.