“Good burgers and beers but stay clear of anything fried.”

Doc - The Burger House
Ranked #34 of 786 Restaurants in Parma
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Good burgers and beers but stay clear of anything fried. They have a nice selection of burgers with different meats (italian and foreign) and sizes. The also offer some locally brewed beers. The fried stuff though, especially the onion rings, proved to be extremely though to digest possibly due to overused or low quality oil.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed June 27, 2015 via mobile

We took the advice of Tripadvisor and checked out this place to try Italian hamburgers. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and the various ways you can dress your burger. Although I ordered mine with just onions and lettuce, it was very good. We also ate their french fries, which also were good. Reasonable prices here but a bit too crowded.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed June 25, 2015

After living in Parma for such a long time and being surrounded by the lack of non Italian options its good. The burgers are consistently reliable, juicy and properly cooked. Hand ground they are better than some burger joints back in the US, plus their homemade chips are pretty good too (and real bacon). If you want an upgrade go for the Chianina, i don't find that there is a particularly noticeable difference with the Kobe beef. Also the caramelized onions are pretty good topper.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed April 11, 2015 via mobile

I read all about this place on Trip Advisor. It was a little hard to get to. Not hard to find but apparently on a Saturday you have to drive around to other side. It was definitely worth it. Our waitress Sasha was very nice, obliging and helpful. She gave me a taste of the red and the blonde Belgian beers. I chose the blonde but liked both.
I selected the juicy hamburger, the one with more fat. Worth the calories and the heart murmur.
We tried both the sticks(french fries )and the crisps ( potato chips). Both were really good but I much preferred the crisps. I did not deduct any stars for the sticks but as good as they were I have had better. They added the perfect amount of sliced white fresh onions. I added lettuce tomatoes. I did not care for the guacamole. It was too pure' for me.
The service was very good especially for a hamburger place.
I would absolutely stop every time I would be even close. The regular hamburger is too dry for me. My wife likes them that way.
I loved it!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2015

The Italians do most foods well, but it is a real challenge finding a great hamburger here. This place makes amazing burgers. For meat eaters, they have two different types of beef (not an easy thing to find in Northern Italy) which have subtilely different flavours. I went with the Chianina beef - not as strong as the meat from an Angus cow, but stronger than some of the other breeds. I had mine with guacamole, caramelised onions and bacon. I REALLY recommend you get the onions and bacon. If you like avocado then add the guacamole too. The BBQ sauce is a smoked sauce and is quite strong (my partner had BBQ sauce).

We did get a little confused over the chips/fries/crisps type thing, but it all worked out in the end. And that was confusion on our end and certainly not the fault of the wait staff who were simply wonderful.

It is another one of those places that if you don't make a reservation it pays to go quite early. As Italians tend to eat late, you can usually secure yourself a table at 7pm as long as you promise to leave by 8:30 or 9.

Date of visit: March 2015