“Absolutely addictive!”

CIACCO. Gelato senz'altro
Ranked #3 of 25 Dessert in Parma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Ciacco is the first artisan gelato without natural nor artificial additives.
Hong Kong, China
“Absolutely addictive!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I think I'm objective. I don't like ice-cream. I liked gelato the first time I visited Italy many years ago and eat it it now and then without any crave. This trip I tried CIACCO, got addicted and came here every day, sometimes twice...I actually think one could take trip to Parma just to try CIACCO's gelato. As it is different. Firstly, its absolutely fresh, the guys who own the place, seem make it every morning, they also seem to work all the time. Its always open and if its not, one can try to knock on the door, I did and got my gelato that day for breakfast. It is not over sweet like often the gelato is in Italy, you learn fast you can easily eat a cup no matter how enormous Parma dinner you just had.The tastes are very clean, fruit taste real fruit and nothing else. They are very careful with their gelato - it is not exposed to the light or air (no preservatives or artificial antioxidants are added) so its not seen. But you can ask and try any taste before you decide. The guys want you to enjoy what you choose and they succeed indeed. Its very transparent how much they love what they do and it can only have one result - absolutely amazing gelato that makes you happy! Its not downtown, but 15 min walk which you will never regret you took.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Tanja S

Chicago, Illinois
“So worth finding this place!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The gelato here is amazing! One of the owners helped us and I think he gave me tastes of about half of the day's offerings. They have gelato and sorbet and something we'd call Italian ice. Very fresh and flavorful. We plan on returning each of the next 3 days we're here!

• Visited July 2013