“Unexpected visitors”
Review of Hotel Torino

Hotel Torino
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Parma
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Imagine returning to your hotel room to freshen up before lunch to find the door open and people talking in your bathroom, one of whom was standing in the bath talking on his mobile phone. There was no response to my requests for an explanation but I figured that one man represented the hotel and the other was a plumber - confirmed by the reception attendant later downstairs. No explanation was otherwise given and I still don't know why our room was sold to us in a condition that required work to be done while we were there.

I had made the reservation a couple of months previously requesting a very quiet room and this was reconfirmed on arrival. However, we were woken by constant chair- scraping in the breakfast room which was immediately below our room and this was exacerbated by crying children in the corridors. I would not recommend this room. The aforementioned bathroom was so tightly arranged that my husband almost fell in the toilet as he had to stretch across it to get into the bath. So glad only one night spent in this horror.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misticana

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was not able to get a requested room with a balcony on my first night, but one was available the second night, so I moved. I was glad that I did, as the room seemed slightly larger--and was definitely brighter.

I walked to and from this hotel from the train station. Very doable. I did not hear any noise from the street during my stay, but I know the area in the alley that other guests mention--where customers congregate outside of the small wine bar, so I can believe that it can get noisy at times.

The hotel has a nice comfortable lobby. I would have appreciated having some English language newspapers available.

The breakfast is forgettable. If it is part of your room price, I would suggest that you go there for basic sustenance in the morning. There was some meat, no cheese, canned fruit cocktail, etc. The worst was that the coffee is dispensed from a Nescafe machine. Us Americans don't go to Italy to drink instant coffee!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a good hotel right in the heart of Parma. We walked from the train station - doable if you don't have tons of gear to lug. Very attractive entrance and lobby, helpful staff, safe location with lots of stores and restaurants nearby. Good breakfast, plenty of selections. Very clean. Very quiet, had a very restful sleep.
The bathroom in our room was less than adequate - it was spotless, and pretty, but the layout of the room was bizarre. it had a full bathtub - a joyful discovery for my spouse, who loves a good soak and had been bath-deprived on this trip. However, the drain plug didn't work so the water ran out faster than you could put it in. The water pressure was exceedingly poor so even a shower was little more than a dribble. The tub was located BEHIND the toilet, and had high sills, so you had to climb over the toilet to get in and out. Getting in(dry) was just a climbing task but getting out (wet) was treacherous - a slip and fall waiting to happen. For the elderly or someone with mobility problems it would be very risky.
The room, while clean and modern, was absent any decoration at all......felt very plain and drab. There was nothing to give it warmth or any flavour of Parma.
In summary, while I would stay there again, the hotel could do better.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Although I did not get the room type I requested, the room they gave me was just great for the two night stay. Large and quiet, good bathroom. Good breakfast. For the most part a friendly and helpful front desk. GREAT location in Parma. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It took a bit of finding, because my satnav couldn't cope with pedestrianised precincts and one-day street markets, but, eventually, I arrived safely at the Hotel Torino.
This small, modern hotel in the very centre of the glorious city of Parma suited me excellently.
It was very clean and comfortable and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The uinderground car park saved a lot of hassle as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel actually gives that it offers, and in the best way.
I visited Parma in this occasion for only one night, and with few time for long promenades. Nevertheless, the location of this hotel makes possible to visit a lot of nice places, perhaps the most importante of the city. The chamber, very functional, and its service were excellent. The price includes an abundante breakfast buffet. In few words, a good value!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights visiting a friend who lives and works in Parma for EFSA.

The Torino did exactly what it should - and it looked after us well. Friendly reception and quick check-in though the guy on reception kept getting momentarily distracted. This is, as we later discovered, an Italian trait.

Room 405 was large, had a large bathroom with bath and shower above, and a lovely balcony looking over the rooftops. I would recommend the outward-facing rooms on the top floor as these rooms are bigger and better. Good TV, good wifi reception. Décor was rather bland but the room was very clean and very comfortable,

Breakfast was more than adequate. Perfectly OK for an Italian three star hotel. Quirky and non-corporate but all the better for that.

Room Tip: I would recommend the outward-facing rooms on the top floor as these rooms are bigger and better wit...