“Bellissimo”

B&B Al Battistero d'Oro
Ranked #7 of 69 Parma B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Patrizia is gorgeous and so too is her bed and breakfast Al Battistero d’Oro. We stayed with friends for two nights in October on a month long tour of Italy. Before we left home we booked a 'foodie tour'of the region. Unfortunately one of our friends was unwell and had to stay at the B&B. Patrizia looked after her like you would a family member or friend. She truly is a gem. We will definitely return to the delightful city of Parma and to Patrizia and Al Battistero dÓro. It is a beautiful town/region.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

My Dear you were all Adorables!!
I was so upset that the lady was sick .... when you are not in your own country its important that someone local makes you feel protected and pampered ...
See you soon!! Thanks for the beautiful review Patrizia

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Unbelievable! This is true not only for the bed or nicely decorated intelligent room, but more for sweet home atmosphere, kindness and warm hart of the landlady – Patrizia. Definitely, we want to be here again and again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Professor it has been a pleasure having you guests in my BeB.
You are a very learned man and it as been a privilege to have talked with you.
You have been my first Russian Guests
Hope you can come back soon.
Sincerely Patrizia

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Right from making our reservation, we felt completely at ease with Patrizia, the owner of Al Battistero d'Oro. We had an instant connection, and knew we were in for a real treat. Our expectations were high (especially considering all of the positive reviews on TA), and Al Battistero d’Oro did not disappoint. What a gem of a place! Old world charm, with a relaxed, comfortable vibe, and modern luxury.

We stayed in the very spacious Reina room. A wing of the house, really. Very comfortable bed with luxurious linens. Very clean. Big, flat screen TV with English channels. High, vaulted ceilings. The rooms were decorated with the family’s antique furnishings, mixed in with some modern/contemporary artwork. Nothing too fussy. Just right.

We were on a foodist trip, and wanted to experience local, traditional Parma cuisine. Patrizia was so helpful in suggesting restaurants and in making lunch and dinner reservations. She put a lot of special effort and thought in making sure she recommended just the right restaurants. She got the sense that we really wanted to be wowed. She sure was bang on with her recommendations and she was so happy that we really enjoyed the places she recommended. The food was that good!

Our experience at Al Battistero d’Oro was like visiting the home of a distant family member or a friend we had not seen for ages. We were made to feel truly “at home”. Patrizia opened up her home to us. She even shared a glass or two of Prosecco and Lambrusco with us, some culatello and other salume, and some great conversation one evening after we returned from a day’s drive in the fantastic countryside. You would rarely ever get this kind of experience staying in a hotel, or some other bed and breakfast places for that matter. It was a marvelous experience. Memorable.

The location is perfect, on a quiet road within the old city of Parma. Minutes away from the major toursit attractions. Parking was easy and straightforward. Modern glass elevator to assist you with taking your luggage up to the 1st floor.

Can’t wait to return to Al Battsitero d’Oro. Perfect retreat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GourmetTravel888
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

My beloved guests, a pleasure having met you and lucky having spent some time with you. I love my city and my culture and I'm happy when I can bring it to life and at the comprehension of my friends. What I want is to make you feel Italians during the period of your stay.
Thank you for the wonderful and generous review.
See you soon, a big, big hug Patrizia

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Perfect is the best way to describe Patrizias property.

I am a frequent visitor to Parma and have always chosen to just stay at a hotel. I thought I would try somewhere different and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided on Al Battistero d'Oro. From now on, I will be staying at is B&B every time I return to Parma.

Thanks again Patrizia for being a fantastic host to Jenny and myself between December 14th-18th and we hope that you and Armando enjoyed your break. We will see you soon.

Dean and Jenny.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DGIGGINS
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

My Adorable
many thanks to you having choose us. I expect you soon ..... not to break the tradition of your coming in Parma.
A big, big hug Patrizia

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Patrizia is a gracious hostess in a beautiful apartment. Her suggestions (and local contacts) were more than helpful. Her conversation was delightful. Her rooms were spacious and restful. A short walk of a few blocks took us to the historic center. What more could anyone want?

1  Thank TravelPals64
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

To live with me!!! obviously!!! ha ha ha
Waiting you soon!! Take care Patrizia

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I had a most lovely 6 night stay at this B&B. So much good to say, so we will start with the wonderful owner, Patrizia, who had just the right touch. She was there when you needed her, such as for a reservation or to call a taxi, and not intruding the rest of the time to give you all the privacy you would want. She delivered a beautiful breakfast to our room each morning of fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli, coffee, good bread and croissant, and butter and jam. Our room, Duchessa, was ideal. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was of good quality. The bathroom had a nice shower and was of good size. The closet space was more than adequate and the entire room seemed well-thought-out for guests, including tasteful decor. Even the funny looking round light fixture on the dresser had a dimmer switch that could be a nightlight when turned down low. There was a kettle and assortment of tea, coffee and tin of cookies, plus a safe for valuables, The location was very good, too. One can walk from the train station in just 10 minutes, but a taxi is a reasonable 7 Euros so no need to drag baggage through the streets. We walked from the train station on arrival, but asked Patrizia to phone for a taxi when we left. 7 Euros is nothing when on vacation. The walk to the duomo and on to the center of town is only a few minutes, yet the location of the B&B is just enough out of the way to be very quiet. All the little details, the cleanliness, great location and friendly owner made this the only B&B we would ever consider if we return to Parma or make recommendations to friends.

Room Tip: Entrance to Duchessa through the courtyard gives great privacy.
2  Thank Barbara A
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

My Dear Guests thanks for the beautiful review and for all the nice things you said.Waiting you really soon Patrizia

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our stay at Al Battestero d'Oro was one of the highlights of our 24 day adventure in Italy. Our host, Patrizia, was incredible. First of all, we were in need of a doctor when we arrived and Patrizia not only helped us arrange an appointment, she guided us to the places we needed to go including a trip to the farmacia to pick up the medication that was prescribed. She also acted as our translator to be sure everything was understood and clear to the doctor and at the farmacia.

After our little medical episode, Patrizia not only provided a delicious breakfast for us each morning at the time of our choosing, but she recommended restaurants that we really enjoyed... particularly La Forchetta, which was our favorite.

We stayed in the Reina room which was very clean and comfortable. We felt like we had our own wing in the house. The building is beautiful with a lift to help get luggage to the 1st floor where our room was. Patrizia has decorated everything beautifully with her own antique furniture and many amazing antique rugs that were particularly interesting to us since we have many of our own.

We found Parma to be a charming place where we wish we could have stayed longer - our 3 days was just not enough. There were plenty of things to do and see and the people were very welcoming.

Thank you again Patrizia! We hope to be back to spend more time with you.

Room Tip: The Reina room was very nice and away from the main part of the house, so it is very quiet.
2  Thank Vince P
pavi20, Proprietario at B&B Al Battistero d'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

My beloved friends, I did what was in my power to do in my country.
Thanks for the wonderful personal email you sent me. A big, big hug. Witing you soon Patrizia