“Lovely dinner with friends ”

Osteria I Tre Porcellini
Ranked #59 of 728 Restaurants in Parma
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

Nice place, nice food, good prices for the size and quality , the place is hidden , the waiter wasn't very friendly, not music in the restaurant but overall very good experience. I recommend ti go for food

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Very food and friendly place.
Price affordable .
We all enjoy the atmosphere and the vicinity of the city center.

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant whilst shopping in a local salumeria. It turned out to be a great selection. Off the beaten/tourist trail, tucked away behind the cathedral it meant I was the only non Italian in the place.
The starter of melanza parmigiana was rich and potent with tomato, the pasta with telaggio and white truffle looked plain but was an amazing taste sensation and packed a punch. I finished with the compote of roast fruit with vino de santo gelato. All this superb fresh seasonal home cooked unpretentious food and a couple of glasses of local red and water for under 40 euros is a real find in a town that offers great food but often with a much heftier price tag for less quality. So glad I asked the shopkeeper for his recommendation.

1  Thank londonmsz
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Small family dinner (3 people) - On entering, the place looked deserted but people started showing up after an hour or so. Ordered 2 starters (primi piatti) and 3 mains. Mains weren't anything complex or sophisticated. Infact the mains weren't anything out of the ordinary. Mineral water was given to us in a jug which made me question why since waiters usually bring the water in the actual glass water bottle. Turned out to be water from a filtering mechanism - still fresh but may be to others' dislking.
However, I must say that the starter I took, the 'Pappardelle verdi con salsa allo zafferano e spalla cruda croccante', were exquisite and quite enjoyable. The contrast between the fresh soft pasta, the crispy salty ham and the intriguing taste of the saffron sauce made the visit worthwhile. It was divine to say the least.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Cannot comment upon the cooking as everything I had was uncooked. It was my first meal in Parma and I was desperate for prosciutto and parmigiano reggiano. Which were absolutely topnotch. Washed it down with excellent local lambrusco. Would come back here, this restaurant is great value