“Terrific b&b near Parma”

Villino di Porporano
Ranked #1 of 66 Parma B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Terrific b&b near Parma”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this fantastic bed and breakfast in May 2013. We absolutely recommend it for a couple of nights on your way to Tuscany or to use as a base to explore the region as others have mentioned. Our flight into Milan arrived late in the day and we did not want to just stay at an airport hotel. Villino di Porporano is about an hour and a half from Milan Linate airport and worked perfectly for us.

We loved our room on the top floor, Le Mansarda (the Attic/Loft). It had a separate space up a few steps with a beautiful bed for our infant daughter.

The breakfast is incredible and the grounds are beautiful. Elena is a terrific host and very hospitable. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to this region of Italy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DASD1113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights in June 2013. It is completely true what others are confessing about this B&B! I don't normally review my accommodation but I had to for Villino di Porporano. First of all, there is the incredibly chic and friendly Elena who owns and runs the B&B and her lovely staff. The B&B itself is oh so charming with five bedrooms, which are lovely and decorator perfect. You also have the lounge area inside as well as outside also lovely and in excellent taste. Now, lets talk about the breakfast. Nonething fancy just perfectly cooked eggs however you liked prepared and a selection of the most delectable breakfast cakes, bread and parma ham of course. My husband stills talk about the perfect cappuccino he had each morning. We highly recommend that you stay at Villino di Porporano to have your own experience to review about. That is all!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are charming
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia Maryland
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I can't say enough about this B&B! I love, love, love it! My husband and I stayed here in May. Elena does an amazing job! Every detail of our stay was wonderful! Our room and the B&B is beautifully decorated. The breakfast was the best I had in Italy. I would come back and stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teacup4074
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at this beautiful accommodation was outstanding. Elena really looked after us and made us feel at home. After a long day in stunning Parma, it was a pleasure to come back and relax by the pool. Highly recommend this amazing place. Much better than a hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracey560
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband, our 4-month daughter and I visited Italy in May, 2013. We stayed in Villino di Porporano where we received quality accommodation and service. The B&B itself was very well presented, nicely decorated and extremely well looked after. The rooms were clean, tidied up every day and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was varied and the homemade food was of good quality. The owner, Elena, was extremely helpful with everything, e.g., she had made sure there was a travel cot with linen in our bedroom for our daughter, advices on places to go to for dinner and made reservations for us, she'd even take our daughter from us whilst we were having breakfast and show her around the beautiful house. Thus, Villino di Porporano is a truly family oriented B&B. Location wise it was perfect for as because we based ourselves in/near Parma and then drove to Bologna, Florence, Cinqueterre, Verona. There was a big supermarket short 5min drive from the cottage where we'd get wine and then go back and relax in Villino in the evening. Overall, if you are looking for a boutique Italian experience do visit Parma and Villino di Porporano!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We enjoyed 2 nights and lovely days here while touring Parma and on our way further south to Tuscany. Elena and her husband have created a peaceful and secluded paradise on a perfectly attended to property. The inside and outside spaces are exquisitely designed by Elena herself. From archways overflowing with roses to clean and tasteful antiques and sumptuous fabrics. Wherever the eye rests there is beauty....
Add 3 charming dogs and the highlight of our stay was the superb authentic Italian dinner cooked just for us upon our very late arrival by Paula. We ate our way through Italy and her dinner was by far the best of all. And don't get me started on Elena's breakfasts and the coffee...the best I've ever had. The only 'wish' we had was access to some food during the day (even snacks or fruit left out in the dining area would have sustained us) and dinners each night. Sadly dinner was only available one of our 2 nights. We didn't want to leave the property as it was so peaceful, Thank you Elena for our wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The Roses room is a suite with a separate sitting area that has a twin sized daybed and a clawed tub...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CeeKay14
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this villa for 3 nights. This is a wonderful B&B. The room was spacious and comfortable. Elena thought of everything. We had everything we needed in our rooms. There was a fabulous claw foot tub in the bedroom - really romantic. I know we were in Italy but it felt like we were staying in an amazing french country side farmhouse. Just lovely. We were in Italy for 2 weeks and we had the absolute best breakfast in the 3 days we were here. Elena and Paula made freshly baked cakes, croissants, breads and muffins. When I say freshly baked, I mean freshly baked. I came down one morning and the bread was still hot!!!! There was fresh squeezed orange juice, delicious sweet crunchy granola, creamy yogurt, sliced prosciutto, clotted cream, butter and cheese. All so so good. The mornings were not complete without Alex (one of the family dogs) breaking in or sneaking into the main house. So much fun. My husband almost swore off coffee forever until we got here. We had our first good cup of cafe americano at this B&B. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Nothing like the smell of roses. There are cascading roses and rose gardens - just lovely. We truly enjoyed our stay. Elena was the perfect hostess.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pauline S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parma
NH Parma
#1 of 1 in Tabiano Castello
Mercure Parma Stendhal
Ibis Styles Parma Toscanini
Palazzo Dalla Rosa Prati

Been to Villino di Porporano? Share your experiences!